Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.  I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello to everyone.  My name is Dallas.  I'm an avid reader with a particular fondness for westerns, Steven King, James Patterson, and Tom Clancy novels.
I just purchased a Kindle today from a new vendor on the amazon site.  I'm really hoping that the merchant is legitimate and that I receive my Kindle within the week as promised.

This looks like a great forum.  I spent all day yesterday reading many posts on here and learned a lot.  I can't wait to receive the Kindle and begin contributing to the forum.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Welcome Dallas,
Glad you have decided to introduce yourself.  Good luck on that Kindle.  We will be waiting with you. 
debbie

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Welcome, you will love your Kindle when you get it.  Good luck with your order, we will all be waiting with you.  In the mean time you can look over the accessory area and decide what you want to buy for yours by way of covers, booklights, skins etc.  You will find the Kindle is the cheapest part of owning it, the books and accessories are endless.  The endless books are a good thing. :)

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hey Dallas, welcome!  Glad to have you here. You'll love your Kindle, I am sure. Keep us posted on its arrival, okay?

L

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome! Lots to do here while waiting on your Kindle: book clubs (with dtbs till kindle) information, questions answered, etc. Enjoy! :)

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Dallas - nice to have you here.  We have a KB author, Rye James, that does wonderful westerns, I highly recommend him.

One problem you might have is if you get involved in the KB and the free books and the KB authors, you will be changing all your preferences, and loving every minute  ;D

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Hi and welcome!!  I am new here, too and also awaiting my Kindle.  I will be most interested to see how your sale goes.....I have the $359 plus the $20 for 1 day shipping....buying from a vendor at $400 may be an option!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you everyone for all the warm welcomes and tips.  Unfortunately my transaction with the Amazon marketplace seller did not go as planned and I am back on the regualar Amazon wait list and am scheduled to receive the Kindle between March 3-10th.  My birthday is March 11th so this will be a nice and welcome present.

I've already ordered all the accessories I need.  I've got a nice leather cover coming from M-edge and a light to go with it, a book stand from Book Hug, and a backup charging system with additional tips for my cell phone and Ipod from iGo.  I've also got an additional camoflauge cover being designed for me by Frank at Strangedog. I'm retired military (Army) and couldn't resist a camo cover.

It was great to hear that we have a western author in residence (Rye James) and I'll definitely check out his works.

So now the true wait begins.  I look forward to being a part of this very informative and friendly forum.

Dallas

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hello Dallas and KindleKay... welcome to KB!

Sorry your purchase didn't work out Dallas, but glad you still have a Kindle arriving in the near future!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Angela and KindleKay.  I just got word that the Kindle shipped yesterday.  There is a good chance it will be here in time for the weekend. :)

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
How exciting for you, Dallas.  Keep listening for the UPS truck.  LOL. 

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Dallas said:
Thanks Angela and KindleKay. I just got word that the Kindle shipped yesterday. There is a good chance it will be here in time for the weekend. :)
Dallas, is this the Kindle that you ordered from eBay??? Surely this isn't the one that you ordered from Amazon just a few days ago?!?!?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update!  I just got back home from three days on the road and there was a USPS parcel on my doorstep.  The Kindle has arrived!  This is the one that I ordered on Ebay.

Also in the mail were my memory card and a camoflauge skin that I ordered from DecalGirl. 

I also got an email from Frank at Strangedog that the camoflauge Kindle Cover that he made for me had shipped as well.

So I downloaded a few books: Marley and Me (I have 2 retrievers), In Her Name (Just in time for the Book Klub launch), and all the Rye James books (I love westerns).

I've got to say that I am very pleased with the Kindle.  I changed the font size so that I don't have to use my reading glasses.  I have a Mighty Brite light that works great.  I got half way through Marley and Me last night with no eyestrain.  Tomorrow, I'll tackle at least the first 5 chapters of In Her Name before I get bogged down with the SuperBowl.

The Kindle is everything I had hoped for and more!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Welcome!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts