Kindle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a KK a couple weeks ago. The delivery is anytime within the next 2 weeks. I hate waiting.

I am a grad student. I am hoping that I can find a text book or two to justify the cost. I think that only time I may have to read is between semesters. Other than that, it is reading (a lot!) for school. However, I do find myself acquiring a lot of PDF files for research. I downloaded the Mobi software to convert them. If I can get rid of the 6" stack of paper on my desk, I have come a long way.

I am avid reader, when I can be. I had a Franklin E-Bookman and a Compaq IPAQ. Bot were difficult to read (small screen) . I am hoping the KK will be better.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Welcome pasvorta and congrats on your KK! Hope it works out for you with the text book. I think you will find the enjoyment you receive that it will definitely pay for itself in time.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetins and Welcome,pasvorta!
One of our members (Vegas_Asian) is  a college student who uses her Kindle for notes and many other things at school. She mentions it is good for open note tests. I am sure she could tell you many other ways her Kindle comes in handy while taking classes.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
I think she makes her notes etc. on her laptop then sends them to the Kindle.  I think she also reads on it during boring lectures, but you might not want to try that. ;)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
pasvorto said:
I bought a KK a couple weeks ago. The delivery is anytime within the next 2 weeks. I hate waiting.

I am a grad student. I am hoping that I can find a text book or two to justify the cost. I think that only time I may have to read is between semesters. Other than that, it is reading (a lot!) for school. However, I do find myself acquiring a lot of PDF files for research. I downloaded the Mobi software to convert them. If I can get rid of the 6" stack of paper on my desk, I have come a long way.

I am avid reader, when I can be. I had a Franklin E-Bookman and a Compaq IPAQ. Bot were difficult to read (small screen) . I am hoping the KK will be better.
Welcome to the board. There are rumors of a "student edition" for the Kindle. I haven't read too much about it though.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm sure that they will come out with a dirt cheap version just stuffed with expensive textbooks. Probably release it right after I graduate.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hello pasvorto and welcome! I have an iPAQ as well and occasionally used my bible software on it, but didn't enjoy reading books on it at all... I absolutely love reading on the Kindle though. :)

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Well - guess we won't be hearing from you for awhile  :D

You will enjoy your kindle and we are delighted to have you with us.  :)

·
Registered
904 Posts
Welcome to the group!!  We all find ways to justify our toys, oh excuse me I mean our tools.  I know you'll enjoy it.
jp

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Pasvorto, welcome to Kindleboards and kongratulations on your Kindle Klassic!  You'll love it.

Where are you in Minnesota?  If you hang out here much, you'll find that Hibbing is the answer to many questions here on Kboards (those for which Hugh Jackman isn't the answer).  My mother was from Hibbing and I'm contractually required to work Hibbing into as many posts as possible.

Betsy

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Welcome Pasvorto!

Betsy the Quilter said:
Pasvorto, welcome to Kindleboards and kongratulations on your Kindle Klassic! You'll love it.

Where are you in Minnesota? If you hang out here much, you'll find that Hibbing is the answer to many questions here on Kboards (those for which Hugh Jackman isn't the answer). My mother was from Hibbing and I'm contractually required to work Hibbing into as many posts as possible.

Betsy
Before the year is out, I will be making a trip to Hibbing just to take a picture of Trixie Lovejoy-Kindelle there -- is there a landmark you'd like her to pose in front of? :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts