Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great to be aboard.  I'm a new/old Kindler....allow me to explain.

I had talked about getting a Kindle with great enthusiasm for some time a year ago.  Finally I took the plunge and bought one for myself.  When it arrived, I started to unpack it, and when my wife saw what it was she said "Send it back!"  Huh?  What's that?  WHAT FOR???

She explained that when my kids saw how much I wanted one, they decided to go in together and get me one for Christmas!  CHRISTMAS WAS 8 MONTHS AWAY!

But alas, who am I to spoil my kid's Christmas surprise gift?  Back it went.  Then I was plagued with seeing Kindle book suggestions everytime I signed onto my Amazon account.  I was dying.

Suck it up...you've waited this long...you can relish the growing anticipation for the Christmas tree yielding up a wonderful delight.

Then...on Christmas morning....I get a small box with a series of index cards strung together with ribbon so that when you lifted up the first card, it pulled up the second one, which pulled up the third, and so on.  On each card was one letter.  The message spelled out: "Surprise - Your Kindle Is Coming In March"  ARGH!!!!!  Say it ain't so!!!

As it turned out, the kids had forgotten about the Kindle idea, and when I reminded my wife in December that I was getting really pumped to get this on Christmas, she secretly went online and ordered one for me...at which time of course they were sold out. 

Good things come to those who wait...and in this case, it takes the form of a "2".  All is well....

Glad to join this board.  Looking forward to getting to know y'all. 

And no, I've not named my Kindle (yet).

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Kids, what are you going to do? At least your wife tried to get it for you for Christmas. I am glad it ended well; no jail time, no psychiatrist bills, no wig to replace pulled out hair. ;D Happy to have you join KIndleBoards.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm trying a few different categories.  Newspapers: USA Today.  Magazines: Reader's Digest.  Blogs: None yet...I can't get used to paying for a blog.  Books: Had to get UR just because.  I'm not a Stephen King fan, but it was a cool way to market the Kindle.  I've also downloaded two Bibles (one is a Bible-in-a-year format); Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire by Jim Cymbala; The Count of Monte Cristo; Windwalker's Complete User Guide to the Amazing Kindle 2.

That's it so far.  Many more on my wish list....

PS.  For all you others who downloaded UR....how many went into the Experimental area to see if you could find the UR book section when the book's protagonist went there?  C'mon, I KNOW I'm  not the only one who check to see if my Kindle had that section (even if it isn't pink).

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
What a wonderful story. I waited for mine for over a year as well. My children gave me one for this past Christmas. I actually received it in November right before they quit arriving. Hope you enjoy your Kindle. :)

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Greetings Rscarlett - you are one terrific Dad to send your kindle back!  Glad you finally got one and are on the boards.  Come on over to the Book Korner and join our One Year Bible Klub.  And while you are there there are lots of other Book Klubs to check out as well as free or almost free books.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts