Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings fellow Kindlers!

I'm Edge from Spring, TX, a small unincorporated are North of Houston and South of The Woodlands.

I'm a technical writer currently assigned to a defense contractor, and my wife is a .NET programmer and software architect. We have three kids, all teenagers (two girls, one boy).

My story goes like this: I've always been intrigued by the Kindle, but the first one just never captured my heart. It was a great concept, but the angles just didn't speak to me. That all changed when the K2 was first leaked. Once I saw it, it was love at first sight. However, I haven't been reading as much as I once used to. My wife, on the other hand, reads all the time, so I figured that I might as well get her one as an anniversary gift.

When a trip out of town came up for her, I decided that it would be the perfect opportunity for her to use and get to know it; I bought one literally two days before she was to go out of town. It arrived on-time, and she had time to buy some books and to get used to it.

Once I got my own hands-on with the K2, I knew that I needed one, too. I told my wife that I was going to buy one to which she replied that she should get one for me for our anniversary. Thus, we both have K2's; hers is named "Hitchhiker's Guide" and mine is named "Trillian."

Had we known more when we bought them, we'd have kept them on one account, but since we read mostly different types of books, we decided it shouldn't be too much of a hassle.

Now, it looks like we will have a third Kindle in the house. I saw some new K1's for sale on Amazon last week, but as of today, I can't seem to find them anymore; only used ones. I guess I will be looking for a used K1 to get one of our daughters (the one who loves to read, and does so incessantly) so that she can have one as well. She tells us all the time she envies us with the Kindles, and keeps telling us about how she would use hers all the time. We believe her, and since she gets great grades, we figured she deserves one.

So, that's us (and me).

I've been lurking here for a few weeks, but I will be posting from time to time as I learn anything or have something to say. :)

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Edge - Glad to have another Texan or two or three on the board  ;D  We have lots of Kindle Kouples here so you are in good company  ;)  Be sure and go to the Book Korner, lots of book klubs, suggestions for books free and otherwise.  Stay away from the accessories though - they will bankrupt you  ;)  Actually you do need to dress up your wife's kindle if she travels a lot.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Welcome. I have a sister-in-law and twin nieces that live in Spring as well. They have been there before many years. I remember when there wasn't much out that way. I was in The Woodlands in February and couldn't get over how much that whole area has grown.

You will love your Kindles and I know your daughter will too. Happy Kindling. :)

·
Registered
904 Posts
Welcome Edge! Enjoy your time with the Kindaholics......
jp

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcomes, everyone!

I should have mentioned that I did purchase the Amazon Kindle 2 covers for both of them, so they're at least covered. I love how mine looks like my Moleskine. It's inconspicuous around the office; no-one looks twice at it when it's closed.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, Edge!
always room for anothe Kinfleholic.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Hello Edge,

Glad to have you here. Enjoy your stay and don't be a stranger.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Howdy Edge and welcome! I recently moved away fron Kingwood and am now back in the piney woods of NE Texas. Still have a daughter and 2 grandkids in KW. I miss my family and friends down there, but glad to be out of Houston traffic!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts