Kindle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I've been lurking here on and off for a while, but since the Kindle 2 announcement I have found myself reading the forums quite often, so I finally got around to creating a login now that these boards have worked their way into my daily routine!

I want to give a big thanks to all the members that have provided both great conversation and great information, hopefully soon I can do my part to contribute back to the community that has kept me both educated and entertained!

Cache22 (aka Ben)

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, Ben! If you haven't already, check out the Book corner for ideas on cheep or even free reads for the Kindle. Tips, Tricks and Troubleshooting, along with FAQ, will answer many questions you may have. Anything else, just ask away, someone here will be able to steer you right.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Welcome! I'm in St. Louis as well :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ogie287 said:
Hi and welcome Ben! Do you have a K1 or K2? Or are you just thinking about getting one?

KB is a great place to find information and entertainment. Have fun and jump at any time.
I have been using the K1 for about a year, and I am expecting my K2 to arrive on 2/26. I used to do a lot of reading when I was younger but over the last 15 years a lack of free time slowly eroded my spare time. But last year getting the Kindle was definitely a turning point to get myself back to where I should be.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
intinst said:
Greetings and Welcome, Ben! If you haven't already, check out the Book corner for ideas on cheep or even free reads for the Kindle. Tips, Tricks and Troubleshooting, along with FAQ, will answer many questions you may have. Anything else, just ask away, someone here will be able to steer you right.
I already found the FAQ (and have the Kindle version of it of course! ;D) ... But the Book Corner is probably the biggest part of the site I haven't spent much time in just yet, but definitely an area I want to spend more time in soon. I already use a few of the common web sites for public domain texts and alternative sources of books to complement what I buy through Amazon, but those are no match for community based ideas, reading and discussions. Thanks for pointing that out, helps get me focused on spending more time there sooner rather than later!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ogie287 said:
Great! So, you can let us know what you think of K2 compared to K1. I'm waiting on my first kindle so I have nothing to compare it to.
I definitely look forward to offering any insights on how they compare, seeing videos of page turns and details like that can never replace actually using it hands on to feel the differences. Like many users of the K1 I took a day or two to get used to the buttons and style when I first used it, but after getting the feel for it I had an appreciation for the design, so it should be interesting to see how the process of adapting to a different button layout and thickness goes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.