Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this board, although I've been a off and on poster on MobileRead. Being an early adapter, I bought a Kindle 1 and 2 as soon as they were available. Always striving to create something original and generally appalled by the cover options available for the Kindle 1 (and many of those available for the Kindle 2), I converted the marvelous Florence made Leonardo address book to covers for both the Kindle 1 and 2 (http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,7052.0.html)

Even though I make my living as a consultant and run a web business on the side, I'm a craftsperson at heart. I take great joy in making things that are my own creation. Thus the Leonardo Kindle cover.

I travel frequently, spending way too much time on airplanes, but fortunately, on occasion, to destinations worth the trip (Prague and Vienna are next). My Kindle is always with me, side-by-side with an Ipod containing all of Beethoven's piano sonatas, string quartets, symphonies, and other works, along with a set of UE10 Pro in-ear headphones. A good book and great music makes airplane travel an almost tolerable experience.

Since I bought my first Kindle my reading volume has increased at least five fold. I'm consuming books like I never before, and my reading tastes have become much more eclectic. Of all the electronic goodies I have owned over the years, the Kindle, along with the Ipod, have had the most profound impact on my portable engagement with art and ideas, and I'm very grateful they were invented!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
WOW artsci - what a beautiful cover, my kindle is in the original Amazon cover but if I could afford one I would be tempted to get one like yours.

Welcome to the kindleboards and delighted you have joined the obsession we all have.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Wow Artsci! What a beautiful cover! I would love to see a picture of the one you did for the K1.

Welcome to KindleBoards!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts