Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I've had my Kindle since April of 2008.  I've been reading ebooks since 2002 with a Compaq or Dell PDA, but I think the Kindle is much better, of course.  I still have a large backlog of paperbound books to read, but I slowly working my way though all that remain and find myself alternating between paper and Kindle books.

Read on the Kindle: (so far)

Caught Stealing by Charlie Hutson
Single White Psychopath Seeks Same by Jeff Strand
Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
Storm Front by Jim Butcher
Strip for Violence by Ed Lacy
Drago Descending by Greg F. Gifune
Queenpin by Megan Abbot
Casket for Sale (Only Used Once) by Jeff Strand
Spin by Robert Charles Wilson
The Cold Spot by Tom Piccirilli
First Night Out by A.P. Fuchs (Novella)
Fetish by J.F. Gonzalez
Spirit House by Christopher G. Moore
Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman by Haruki Murakami (translated from the Japanese)
The Night Gardener by George P. Pelecanos
Man in the Dark by Paul Auster
Fool Moon by Jim Butcher
Night Work by Greg F. Gifune
Indignation by Philip Roth
The Forever War by Dexter Filkins
Ghost Walk by Brian Keene
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. Dick
In the Woods by Tana French
Beware by Richard Laymon
The White Tiger by Avavind Adiga

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Welcome Geemont, thanks for listing your reads. One of my many favorite things about this board is getting book recommendations. You'll have fun here. :)

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Welcome Aboard Geemont,

Looks like you and Kindle have kept each other company for quite a while there.
Keep reading the boards and you will find LOTS of new ideas for other's suggestions on good reads.
Also lots of tips, hints and tricks for Kindle too.

Nice to meet you.

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Welcome aboard, Geemont! I am also from the northwest - I'm up in Bellingham, Washington. That's great that you've had your Kindle for a few months already. I look forward to seeing you out there in the boards!

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hello Geemont and welcome to KindleBoards. I am jealous... j/k... I have had my kindle less than a month and am so loving it!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Welcome to the Board, Geemont! One warning, tho: This board is just about as addicting as the Kindle is. ;)

I see you read Spin
. How did you like it? I've downloaded the sample but haven't gotten around to reading it yet. But I'm interested in what another board member thought of it.

Cheers,
Xia

·
Registered
869 Posts
Geemont,

Hello  :D

Where in the Pac NW are you?  I live in Washington State.  I appreciate your book list.  Like others, I find them to helpful sources of new reads.

Cheers,

Marci

·
Registered
102 Posts
Marci said:
Geemont,

Hello :D

Where in the Pac NW are you? I live in Washington State. I appreciate your book list. Like others, I find them to helpful sources of new reads.

Cheers,

Marci
I live in WA too - near Seattle. I have seen several Kindles here (well - 3 actually) but I have "sold" many more when showing off my Kindle.

Susan

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Xia said:
I see you read Spin
. How did you like it? I've downloaded the sample but haven't gotten around to reading it yet. But I'm interested in what another board member thought of it.
I really liked it. Afterwards I purchased the sequel Axis, but didn't like it as much. I got my copy of Spin as a Tor free download, but I think it would be worth buying.

Marci said:
Where in the Pac NW are you? I live in Washington State. I appreciate your book list. Like others, I find them to helpful sources of new reads.
I'm south of Seattle. I get jury summons to Seattle from time to time, but my house is just over the King County line, thereby making me ineligible; looking out my back window, though, those neighbors would have to serve on the jury.

I haven't seen any Kindles in the wild.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Susan M said:
I live in WA too - near Seattle. I have seen several Kindles here (well - 3 actually) but I have "sold" many more when showing off my Kindle.

Susan
Susan - Great to here you live in Washington too! I've not seen any Kindles at all in the wild :-[

I'm sure when I bring my Kindle to work everyone will be pawing at it & asking lots of questions. Most will probably be put off by the price, though. I'm currently on vacation so I have all the time in the world to read :D

Marci

1 - 12 of 12 Posts