Kindle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few posts under my belt and guess it's time to introduce myself.  I've never seen a Kindle and have never seen eInk so I'm diving in blind with my purchase of a Kindle 2.  It should be here on the 25th so I'm anxiously awaiting joining the ranks of the Kindled.

I have a couple of newbie questions.

1) What is "KK" an abbreviation for?
2) What's the best way to share books in a multiple-Kindle household?

Thanks in advance and thanks for all the information I've already picked up from these boards!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hi and welcome! KK is Kindle Klassic = Kindle 1

Leslie posted that she has six people on her one account.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
luvmy4brats said:
What would you like to know about sharing?
My partner will likely be buying a Kindle 2 if we're impressed with mine. I'm sure we'd like to occasionally be reading the same book on each of our Kindles. Is there some way to easily share one digital copy or will we have to buy two copies?

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
You just buy one copy. It gets sent to one Kindle and then the other just downloads from the Archives on K or the Media Library on Amazon, very simple to do. The only ting you may want to do is disable annotation back-ups..Otherwise, you'll get your partners notes when you go to sync. It may also move you further ahead in your book (theory, haven't tested for certain yet) I share with a 14yr old..We don't read many of the same books at the same time (although we do read many of the same books)

You can have a book on up to 6 different Kindles on your account.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi ZomZom, only thing is luv forgot to mention that both kindles have to be on the same account, otherwise it's a no go.

Glad to have you here and hope you enjoy your K2  :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.