Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kindle to arrive on Wednesday, looking forward to it!  Hope to learn lots of good stuff in this forum, which I learned about on the Amazon website.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Good to see you. We don't know when Version 2 of the Kindle will ship. (Just kidding. Wanted to to feel right at home since you've just come over from Amazon  ;))

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Super Moderator
67,323 Posts
You can use it while it's charging, you know. . . . :D

Ann

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Meb Bryant said:
Betsy,
Is this your very first post on KB?
I thought you had ALWAYS been a moderator...like In The Beginning... lol
Depends on how you define always. From 11/28/07 to 10/26/08. 41 people made up all of the membership of Kindle Boards, Harvey (the Admin), Leslie (1st Global Moderator) and Celeste(Admin/Global Moderator) are all that still post from that group.. Then 10/27/08 through 10/31/08 240 people joined. Ann and Betsy were among them. 573 joined in November of that year, 525 in December and so it went. And so may it ever continue. ;)

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Meb Bryant said:
Betsy,
Is this your very first post on KB?
I thought you had ALWAYS been a moderator...like In The Beginning... lol
Yep, that's it! And no, I haven't always been a moderator--I didn't become a mod until November 3rd of that year! Six days later... :D

Betsy

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Meb Bryant said:
Thank you, Intinst, for the info. I'm having a ball going back, reading the archived posts. Seems a lot of people moved over from Amazon during that time. When I found KB, I thanked my lucky stars for the site, as the attitudes here on KB are more of a gentle nature than a lot of the others.
Betsy and her cattle prod insure that. But Leslie and Ann are quick with a take down if it's needed, as well. Good thing, too. Don't you think that good discipline with children helps them grow into responsible adults? ;) Some of us need far more help than others, however.
Growing older is inevitable, Growing up is optional.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
It wasn't very big then. In those days, I read every post...

Betsy
When you became mod, there had been less than 4000 total posts. Now some have multiples of that themselves.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks for the history. It will be fun to watch it grow.

·
Registered
499 Posts
LOL -- I didn't look at the posting date at first, and was thinking there was some sort of bug in the display of who posted the "greetings" post. Plus, there was my curiosity about the mention of a Palm T/X in the Subject, since I once owned one of those, but that was quite a while ago.

You've come a long way, Betsy!

(Thanks for the blast from the past.)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts