Kindle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I'm a newbie to this site so forgive me if I post anything already posted elsewhere.

A little about me...I'm a playwright, author, actress and director from a little town near Brighton in Sussex. I am in the process of starting up a theatre company as a launch pad for new writers. It's so difficult to get companies to perform your work if you are unpublished, so we thought we'd do our bit to make it that little bit easier.

I have two ebooks on Kindle - http://www.amazon.co.uk/s?_encoding=UTF8&search-alias=digital-text&field-author=Bonnie-Jo%20Douglas and am in the process of writing lots more. Ideally I'd love to be a published writer (who wouldn't!) but for now, I'm finding being on Kindle very exciting. I love checking my progress and got very excited when I saw I was number 5 on the bestsellers list for comedy books!

I have a real passion for the theatre so naturally, my work is either in play form, or focused on the theatrical world.

Thanks for reading! ;D

Bonnie-Jo

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone - nice to be welcomed so warmly!

herocious said:
Hi there Bonnie-Jo,

Got any plays/novels in dramatic form to recommend? And I agree, being on Kindle is very exciting.

Good day!
Anything by David Tristram is hilarious - adult material but rib-splittingly funny. Willy Russell is a personal fave of mine - Educating Rita, Stags and Hens, Shirley Valentine...I could go on!

As for novels, I have to admit that I haven't read any in a while - too busy focusing on writing them *slaps her hand in punishment!* but if I think of any good 'uns, I'll let you know!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Welcome, Bonnie-Jo! Glad to have you with us. Good luck with your writing!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts