Kindle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried changing my shipping from "free super saver" to "standard" to see if that would speed up the process. Unfortunately, it didn't improve the wait time. Therefore, I changed it back to "free super saver" and now the shipping date is slightly later than it was when I first placed the order. It may have listed the slightly later date right before I changed the shipping option, but I have no way of knowing that for sure. Now I'm beating myself up over possibly delaying the shipment of my Kindle order by being so impatient. *Sigh*

EDIT on 11/9: The mystery has been solved, sorta...

[i]V. pearson[/i] on the Amazon boards said:
I ordered mine on Nov. 1 and the ship date actually moved back from Nov. 24-28 to Nov. 28-Dec. 1

http://www.amazon.com/when-will-kindle-shipped/forum/FxBVKST06PWP9B/Tx2XS7FLG7WLWMW/1/ref=cm_cd_et_md_pl?%5Fencoding=UTF8&cdMsgNo=9&asin=B000FI73MA&cdSort=oldest&cdMsgID=Mx3KHTRLYL50783#Mx3KHTRLYL50783
Looks like I beat myself up over nothing. In a way, I'm relieved. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
829 Posts
(((hugs)))  your Kindle will be with you soon!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,163 Posts
Its going to be okay. We are here for you. I made the mistake in going for free shipping. You can still start downloading books for your kindle to help you through this or prepare a memory card complete with music in anticipation of your kindle. There's also the downloading of the Mobipocket Reader and adding of classic literature to your computer...so you will have your favorite classic ready to be uploaded to the kindle. One also mustn't forget about thinking up a name for your new reading buddy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
829 Posts
CS said:
Not soon enough! :'(
seriously...... once it arrives - the wait will be worth it - no matter how long. I promise!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kirstin said:
seriously...... once it arrives - the wait will be worth it - no matter how long. I promise!!
I know it. But I want it NOW. :)

Seriously, I don't mind waiting (okay, yes I do). :p But it's frustrating that I may have inadvertently lengthened the wait by playing around with shipping options. That's what gets to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
829 Posts
CS said:
I know it. But I want it NOW. :)

Seriously, I don't mind waiting (okay, yes I do). :p But it's frustrating that I may have inadvertently lengthened the wait by playing around with shipping options. That's what gets to me.
just stop messing with the shipping options so Amazon can actually SHIP it to you!! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL. Should I e-mail Amazon and say "hey, what's going on here?" It seems ridiculous to penalized for trying to change my shipping method. Think contacting them will help?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
829 Posts
CS said:
LOL. Should I e-mail Amazon and say "hey, what's going on here?" It seems ridiculous to penalized for trying to change my shipping method. Think contacting them will help?
It never hurts to try.... but I'd call and not try to do it online!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Kirstin said:
It never hurts to try.... but I'd call and not try to do it online!!
Darn. For something this petty, I was comforted by the idea of anonymous e-mail. I'd feel like a fool explaining it in person. :p

Why is calling recommended over e-mail though? Quicker response times? Better results?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
829 Posts
CS said:
Darn. For something this petty, I was comforted by the idea of anonymous e-mail. I'd feel like a fool explaining it in person. :p

Why is calling recommended over e-mail though? Quicker response times? Better results?
personally - when I get a person with access to the systems, I've always experienced better shipping times. They can manipulate things you can't.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, Kirstin. I'm poking around the Amazon site now for their contact info. I like their "call me" feature. I'll sleep on it and think about doing it tomorrow. I can't do it now anyway because their call would wake up the rest of the house. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
829 Posts
maybe by the time you get around to it - it will already be on its way to you!  crossing fingers for you now!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just realized something: I'm going to be out of town the week it was originally supposed to ship, so the delay actually works out in my favor. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top