Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the dark side earlier and made the mistake of reading ANOTHER thread on the K1 vs K2. You know the "all those who back ordered a v.1 is going to get a v.2" rumor.

On what planet does this make sense??

Imagine going to gamestop.com and backordering a PS2 the month before a PS3 and expecting them to send a PS3 instead  ::)

Why don't people use common sense nowadays??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,047 Posts
Have TWO and realize they will be waiting a lonnnnnggggggg time  ::)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,280 Posts
I sort of liked the thread from the person in the US Virgin Islands who was wondering why Whispernet wouldn't work since she was in the US Virgin Islands and Whispernet is supposed to work in the US.

L
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Leslie said:
I sort of liked the thread from the person in the US Virgin Islands who was wondering why Whispernet wouldn't work since she was in the US Virgin Islands and Whispernet is supposed to work in the US.

L
She wasn't wondering why it wouldn't work; she was asking in advance if it would. Considering US cell service works in the US Virgin Islands, it's not such a leap to think EV-DO might work there also. Granted, her questions would have been easily answered had she just looked at the coverage map.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,286 Posts
I like the one from the guy who ordered one before Christmas and was told 11 to 12 weeks and now sees that it is only 6 to 8 weeks and wants to know if he should cancel his and order a new one.  Um mm use a calendar the ship date is still the same, it just fewer weeks until the date. 
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,280 Posts
joanie said:
She wasn't wondering why it wouldn't work; she was asking in advance if it would. Considering US cell service works in the US Virgin Islands, it's not such a leap to think EV-DO might work there also. Granted, her questions would have been easily answered had she just looked at the coverage map.
Joanie, if that person is you or a friend, I apologize. I am not trying to make fun of any particular person.

My example was...I think we all have "pet peeves" from the Amazon forum and mine really has to be the "international" issue. Comments like, "I live in Canada but only 50 miles from the US. Will Whispernet work here?" are repeated so often that they drive me wicked up the wall. This was just another variation that I hadn't read before.

L
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,280 Posts
And, Joanie, I see you are fairly new. Welcome! Glad you discovered us, through whatever means.

L
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Leslie said:
Joanie, if that person is you or a friend, I apologize. I am not trying to make fun of any particular person.

My example was...I think we all have "pet peeves" from the Amazon forum and mine really has to be the "international" issue. Comments like, "I live in Canada but only 50 miles from the US. Will Whispernet work here?" are repeated so often that they drive me wicked up the wall. This was just another variation that I hadn't read before.

L
It's neither myself nor anyone I know. I guess you could say it is one of my "pet peeves" when people are less than polite in response to innocent questions. I'm as annoyed as the next person by the repetitive and lazy questions that get posted on the Amazon boards, especially since I'm someone who does extensive research when I'm unsure of an answer. But rather than quote things like, "Google is your friend" or "RTFM," I ignore the annoying posts.

Thanks for the welcome. I've been lurking for a few months. These forums are an invaluable source of information.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
208 Posts
I have an annoying issue and it didn't come from the other side.  I had hinted around to my hubby (A YEAR AGO) I would like a kindle never believing he would actually order me one (my reading annoys him at times). 

Another friend of mine saw the Oprah thing and immediately thought of me, and told me all about it.  We were discussing how long I had wanted one in front of another friend and she got one before they sold out and hasn't even TAKEN IT OUT OF THE BOX!!!!
 
G

·
cheshirenc said:
Another friend of mine saw the Oprah thing and immediately thought of me, and told me all about it. We were discussing how long I had wanted one in front of another friend and she got one before they sold out and hasn't even TAKEN IT OUT OF THE BOX!!!!
I just do not understand that. It falls into my "more money than sense" category. Who has $359 to spend when they do not intend on using the item? Plus, that is one more Kindle that could have a home where it is loved and appreciated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Well......I have a vent too and it has been brewing ever since I first visited this board.

I found this board by reading the Amazon Kindle board and am rather disturbed that some of you feel it is perfectly ok to post snarky comments about those who ask questions over there. Do you presume that only 'smart' people read and post to this board? Does it give you some kind of perverse pleasure to read the Amazon board and then come over here and laugh at the people who post there?

Perhaps you came into this world knowing everything there is to know about the Kindle, but I certainly did not. I have owned my Kindle since October and am still learning about it most every day. I have learned from the Amazon board as well as this one.

As a retired teacher, I suppose I have a greater tolerance for posts that are repetitive, but since there is not a functional search feature on the Amazon I can understand why those of us who frequent that board see the same questions over and over. The solution? Just SOB (scroll on by).

Would it not be in the best interest of the 'Kindle Society' to agree that there are no stupid posts when seeking information about the Kindle? And if the stupid posts really bother you so much, don't click on them and then come back over here to post about how stupid they are!

This may be the very best Kindle discussion board on the entire internet, but to degrade the posters on another board does nothing to elevate its reputation.

chalkmaven
::::::climbing down off the box now:::::::
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,280 Posts
Hey Chalk, welcome, thank you for your first post.

This is a fun and friendly group. 99.9% of the time we are not snarky and we take your advice to SOB. Once in awhile, the endless repetition of questions/comments gets to me -- oh well, I am just human...and I a make a comment. Since I stand by what I post, I don't delete my comments.

I think some of your comments are a little harsh but just like all of us here, your opinion is welcome and valued.

Glad to have you here.

L



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
There are rumors out there that people who have ordered the kindle would get a kindle 2.0 instead.  This would be bad business for amazon and cause a lot of problems.  I just don't understand why they haven't sent any kiindle out in December.  You wouold think that they would continue making them but it is like production just stopped.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Leslie said:
I think some of your comments are a little harsh but just like all of us here, your opinion is welcome and valued.
For my first post it was very harsh and was not a gracious way to make an entrance into a new community. I sincerely apologize and thank you for your kind welcome.

I do wonder why there seems to be a competition between this board and the 'dark side', as many posters refer to the Amazon Kindle board. Is that not where most of us began our journey to find out about all things Kindle? Why the animosity?
 
1 - 20 of 78 Posts
Top