Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a back-up Kindle 1.  My manager asked me to bring my Kindle in today so he could see it, and his manager wanted to play with it after that.  The big manager (well, in terms of org chart.  She's actually very tiny) said that the new girl had a kindle, and she was intrigued by the whole idea.  So I stopped by to see the new girl.  Her husband bought her a new k2, but he had already bought her a k1 for Christmas.  So she was selling the k1 at a price I thought was right.  So I bought it!  I am so excited.  I may make my mom take it for a while, and see if she likes reading it.  But in either case, now I have a backup!  I'm so excited!

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Congrats Robin.  Lucky you.

·
Super Moderator
67,323 Posts
tsk tsk.  two fisted kindler. . . .that's the first sign of a problem, you know. . . . :D

Ann

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Ann Von Hagel said:
tsk tsk. two fisted kindler. . . .that's the first sign of a problem, you know. . . . :D

Ann
I thought the first sign was when you were struggling to decide which cover or covers you should take with you on vacation. Or is that a different problem?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ann Von Hagel said:
tsk tsk. two fisted kindler. . . .that's the first sign of a problem, you know. . . . :D

Ann
rofl, is that just the first sign? How about this as my new motto, then: I kindle as much as I can, for a person with only two eyes.
Or....I'm a social kindler. If you kindle, so shall I.
Or...I only kindle on days that end in y.

I'm going over to the accessories thread now. Looks like I'm completely justified in buying twice as many accessories now. lol. It's a stimulus plan....sort of.

·
Registered
740 Posts
robin.goodfellow said:
rofl, is that just the first sign? How about this as my new motto, then: I kindle as much as I can, for a person with only two eyes.
Or....I'm a social kindler. I you kindle, so shall I.
Or...I only kindle on days that end in y.

I'm going over to the accessories thread now. Looks like I'm completely justified in buying twice as many accessories now. lol. It's a stimulus plan....sort of.
I like that one "I only kindle on days that end in y" :)

·
Registered
677 Posts
The first symptom - I don't have a problem, I can stop any time I want to, I just don't want to!  ;D

Congrats Robin!

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
robin.goodfellow said:
Thank you for doing all you can to help the economy, Robin. ;)

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, it's a small contribution <eyes bank balance warily>, but I try. ::)

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Welcome to the 2 Kindles Klub.  Now do you want matching or complimentary covers and skins?  Do you need to take both with you?  Then you will need a bigger purse.  Ahhh the decisions you have in front of you.  ;D

·
Registered
339 Posts
Congrats Robin!  I have seriously been eying a second Kindle.  You know, just in case!  I am so terrified my two toddlers are going to plot against me someday and smash my K to pieces.  It a reoccurring nightmare!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Gables Girl said:
Welcome to the 2 Kindles Klub. Now do you want matching or complimentary covers and skins? Do you need to take both with you? Then you will need a bigger purse. Ahhh the decisions you have in front of you. ;D
I'm hoping my mom will want to use it. We'll see. She was asking if you could buy used books for it cheaper, so I'm not holding out a lot of hope. Maybe I'll get her a skin and a case as an enticement. I don't know what I'm going to have to do to entice Dad to let her register it to their account. I'm guessing he'll want me to start paying for things like air filters and motor oil that I usually ask him to get for me. Because he's out, you know, and I would be sure to get the wrong thing. lol, I see the end to those days in sight.

·
Registered
508 Posts
robin.goodfellow said:
I just bought a back-up Kindle 1. ... now I have a backup! I'm so excited!
I did the same thing, Robin...bought myself a "spare" K1. I purchased mine from one of the kind souls here on KindleBoards, for a price which I believed to be fair. (She wanted to get herself a K2, and was using the sale of her K1 to partially finance it.)

I tell myself the second K1 is so I don't have to share Bemis. I know, however, that it's really here as a safety measure in the event Bemis dies on me. Like you I am way more excited about this than I perhaps should be.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Like you I am way more excited about this than I perhaps should be.
I like to think it's a positive side effect. Maybe good aerobic activity. You know, b/c it gets your heart rate up? Maybe? A little?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
robin.goodfellow said:
I'm hoping my mom will want to use it. We'll see. She was asking if you could buy used books for it cheaper, so I'm not holding out a lot of hope. Maybe I'll get her a skin and a case as an enticement. I don't know what I'm going to have to do to entice Dad to let her register it to their account. I'm guessing he'll want me to start paying for things like air filters and motor oil that I usually ask him to get for me. Because he's out, you know, and I would be sure to get the wrong thing. lol, I see the end to those days in sight.
Once you let your Mom use it you will never get it back. I thought it was your spare? Glad to see you got your heart rate up though. Perhaps you could get it declared an aerobic exercise? :) Kindlecise?

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Congrats Robin!  I am soooo jealous, I am checking prices for K1 b/c I want a "spare" that I will let my cousin use  ;)  But your mother is close enough in proximity if she takes it over  ;) you could probably borrow it  ;D

·
Registered
190 Posts
I've done the same thing.  I now have two K1's, just in case.  I'll pass on K2 and wait to see what happens with a K3. Now if only Amazon would finally send my backup battery.  If it doesn't ship soon I will be forced to order from RadioShack. 

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
pomlover2586 said:
Id buy a backup.......except that i doubt I'd get enough use out of it LOL
I like to be prepared. That, and I have a startling tendency to lose things, not the least of which is my mind. No lie, in graduate school I was ready to call the police from the Greek restaurant one afternoon b/c I thought my car had been stolen (long story). It was parked on the other side of the sign. I figured with two, at least I could leave them scattered about the house. But Mom seems to be enjoying it for now. BTW, when did the price of memory cards shoot up at the Best Buy? In any case, Slainte!

·
Registered
621 Posts
BambiB said:
Congrats Robin! I have seriously been eying a second Kindle. You know, just in case! I am so terrified my two toddlers are going to plot against me someday and smash my K to pieces. It a reoccurring nightmare!
I still have my Kindle 1 despite all the hints and even outright groveling my family are doing...;)

Patricia

1 - 20 of 48 Posts