Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine! 
I’m so excited.  I’ve been flirting with breaking the 10,000 ranking for a few weeks.  I get close each time, then plummet back down.  Once as far as 66,000.
But I just looked at my rank and it’s down to 7,178!  This is COMING HOME’s sixth week on sale.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Excellent. That's the hardest part. Once you can claw your way into the top 10,000, Amazon will give you some "also bought" love that will help to sell your book for you. With any luck, a few weeks from now you'll be starting a post titled "Guess whose book is in the top 1,000?" :)

Oh, and BTW, B&J Phish Food is the best ice cream every made. That alone should be worth a few sales.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dara England said:
Congrats. You've got a cute cover on that one. :)
Thanks! I'm a single mom and had nothing extra in the budget for a cover and had to make it myself. I'm glad it doesn't look too amateur.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Has anyone (with one or two books - not an established author) gone straight to the top?  What's the fastest rise you've seen?  For example - has anyone released a book and been in the top 5,000 in a few weeks?  Examples? 

·
Registered
181 Posts
airwolfe777 said:
Has anyone (with one or two books - not an established author) gone straight to the top? What's the fastest rise you've seen? For example - has anyone released a book and been in the top 5,000 in a few weeks? Examples?
I released my debut on May 15th and got as high as the 9ks on day one (I sold 11 copies that day). At one point last week I broke into the low 6ks, but sales have slowed down a lot since then so I've been bouncing back and forth between 10k and the high 20's. I think my numbers were week 1= 53 (US) sales and week 2 = 26 sales to give you some idea of what the numbers look like for that. My total US sales since I released are 81 = #14,730 as of right now.

If you're really interested in the exact numbers and rankings, I charted them publicly on my blog every day of the first week. http://wrenemerson.wordpress.com

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
It didn't take long to make another run, either. I think this one has legs.

# Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #4,596 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)

* #6 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Fiction > Drama > United States
* #9 in Books > Literature & Fiction > Drama > United States

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.