Kindle Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
627 Posts
That's awesome Julie! I'm sure you'll crack it again :) I've been as high as 15K...10K and under still eludes me..  ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
694 Posts
I love your cover and blurb, and your courage in taking on the topic of male infertility. Heck, I just bought it.

My hero in TAKEDOWN (romantic suspense) also has the same issue (infertility), and he grows as he struggles with feelings about his manhood, and of course he finds a special purpose for his life, with a HEA.



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Romi said:
That's awesome Julie! I'm sure you'll crack it again :) I've been as high as 15K...10K and under still eludes me.. ;)
I woke up to a ranking in the low 3Ks, now I'm in the 5Ks, but I'll take it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
AnnaM said:
I love your cover and blurb, and your courage in taking on the topic of male infertility. Heck, I just bought it.

My hero in TAKEDOWN (romantic suspense) also has the same issue (infertility), and he grows as he struggles with feelings about his manhood, and of course he finds a special purpose for his life, with a HEA.
Thanks so much! I hope you enjoy it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
MichaelWallace said:
It didn't take long to make another run, either. I think this one has legs.
From your lips to God's ears, Michael.

I moved the price down to 99 cents a week or so ago when everyone's sales were bad due to all the free books. I'm debating on keeping it here or moving it back until my next book is ready to come out. What do you think is the best strategy?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
694 Posts
julie sellers said:
Thanks so much! I hope you enjoy it.
I started reading your book this afternoon, and couldn't put it down. Husband wanted to take me out to eat (he coaxed me by promising to take me to one of my favorite places), and I had to oblige, but now I'm back and reading your book again.

There's a couple grammar/spelling issues. I think you spelled champagne (the bubbly beverage) as "champaign" (is that the place in Illinois? I get those mixed up too), but nothing really major.

I love the story and dialogue so far. Lillian is GREAT, and this book is an incredible bargain at 99 cents!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
644 Posts
Congratulations! It's holding well in the top 5,000 (currently 4,665). I REALLY like your cover. It's very cute! Hope those numbers keep moving in the right direction!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
AnnaM said:
I started reading your book this afternoon, and couldn't put it down. Husband wanted to take me out to eat (he coaxed me by promising to take me to one of my favorite places), and I had to oblige, but now I'm back and reading your book again.

There's a couple grammar/spelling issues. I think you spelled champagne (the bubbly beverage) as "champaign" (is that the place in Illinois? I get those mixed up too), but nothing really major.

I love the story and dialogue so far. Lillian is GREAT, and this book is an incredible bargain at 99 cents!

I'd love to know where they are, besides champaign...if it's not too much of an inconvenience, you can email me at [email protected]

Thanks for the heads up!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
694 Posts
Julie, I'm nearing the end of the story (finally put it down at 2 am because I had to go to bed). I had to break from the story when you described Rett syndrome, because it jogged a strong memory for me. I knew a girl with this when I was a kid (around age 10) but I never had a name for it before reading your book. She was a neighbor (briefly, when I was in 4th grade). Becky had great difficulty walking, and was constantly wringing her hands and one hand often slapped the other. She had no brothers or sisters, but I recall her mother had miscarriages. I asked my mother what was wrong with her, and my mom (a first grade teacher) had no answer. I don't think we had a word for it back then (40 years ago), or perhaps it went undiagnosed (?). We lived in rural Wisconsin, and the family lived down the road for about a year. After reading your book I realize the girl might have had the mild form of Rett syndrome. Back then a lot of stuff (autism) was not diagnosed in children, and we had 3-4 kids in our regular classroom with serious learning disabilities. I mentioned this to my husband, and we talked about how the teacher couldn't address their needs. They sat in the back and fell further behind each year. Ha, the "good" old days. Thank God for the more specialized educational programs we have today.

I see you got a one-star review from the same reviewer that gave my book the one-star badge of honor. Welcome to the club. Your book is a 5 star. Ignore the outliers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
AnnaM said:
Julie, I'm nearing the end of the story (finally put it down at 2 am because I had to go to bed). I had to break from the story when you described Rett syndrome, because it jogged a strong memory for me. I knew a girl with this when I was a kid (around age 10) but I never had a name for it before reading your book. She was a neighbor (briefly, when I was in 4th grade). Becky had great difficulty walking, and was constantly wringing her hands and one hand often slapped the other. She had no brothers or sisters, but I recall her mother had miscarriages. I asked my mother what was wrong with her, and my mom (a first grade teacher) had no answer. I don't think we had a word for it back then (40 years ago), or perhaps it went undiagnosed (?). We lived in rural Wisconsin, and the family lived down the road for about a year. After reading your book I realize the girl might have had the mild form of Rett syndrome. Back then a lot of stuff (autism) was not diagnosed in children, and we had 3-4 kids in our regular classroom with serious learning disabilities. I mentioned this to my husband, and we talked about how the teacher couldn't address their needs. They sat in the back and fell further behind each year. Ha, the "good" old days. Thank God for the more specialized educational programs we have today.

I see you got a one-star review from the same reviewer that gave my book the one-star badge of honor. Welcome to the club. Your book is a 5 star. Ignore the outliers.
I JUST saw the one star review. :( But it was tempered by your review here. I'm so glad you liked it! I'm NOT going to let one person's opinion spoil the fact my book touched you personally. THANK YOU!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
694 Posts
julie sellers said:
I JUST saw the one star review. :( But it was tempered by your review here. I'm so glad you liked it! I'm NOT going to let one person's opinion spoil the fact my book touched you personally. THANK YOU!!!
If you check her other reviews you'll see she's a crazy drive-by shooting reviewer. She gives just about everything she reads a one star rating.

I finished Coming Home a few minutes ago, and I LOVED it. I read your author bio, and can't help but surmise you've poured much of your beautiful self into this book -- your adoption experience, love for family, and focus on what really matters in life.

Thanks for a beautiful story, and I can't wait for the next one.
 
21 - 36 of 36 Posts
Top