Kindle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at different ways to get the word out about my book (without sounding like a carnival barker), and I solicited guest posts at several blogs when I got started. But then it was time to give back, and I discovered that having guests on my own blog is good PR too (not to mention a way to avoid the overload of thinking up a new blog post several days a week). Has anyone else tried this? If you want to, you may want to check out my blog, where Jaime McDougall is discussing how to be a good guest poster (i.e. create a win-win situation whereby both you and your blog host get a little boost out of the deal).

I feel like I learn something new every day, and it is because others are generous enough to share. I want to do the same. If you're interested, you can read Jaime's post here: Guest Posting For Fun and Promotion

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I think guest spots are a great way to reach new readers, yes yes yes! :)

Especially if you're guest posting about a topic and not just pushing your book.

-jb 8)

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jimbronyaur said:
I think guest spots are a great way to reach new readers, yes yes yes! :)

Especially if you're guest posting about a topic and not just pushing your book.

-jb 8)
Exactly! Our books spring from who we are, and the questions we ask ourselves. Why shouldn't our guest posts?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts