Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my K2 delivered to work, and have been reading UR as I eat my lunch. As people walk by my desk they stop, stare, ask a few questions and suddenly it's in their hands. One of the doctors walked by and said "is that the Kindle 2" and suddenly it was no longer in front of me. At least four people have said they want one now. :)

Lara Amber

·
Registered
501 Posts
Amazon may want to consider a "Theft Alarm" built-in to K3!

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
r0b0d0c said:
Amazon may want to consider a "Theft Alarm" built-in to K3!
I can see it now. Horns start blaring and the text-to-speech function comes on and says, "Step away from the Gindle." LOL

·
Registered
339 Posts
mwvickers said:
I can see it now. Horns start blaring and the text-to-speech function comes on and says, "Step away from the Gindle." LOL
Can I get mine set for this when people try to interrupt my lunchtime reading?!? ;)

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
BambiB said:
Can I get mine set for this when people try to interrupt my lunchtime reading?!? ;)
No. It is a theft deterrent.

For your case, when someone interrupts you, just look at them and yell "Back Off!" as loudly as you can. ;D

·
Registered
4 Posts
I took mine into Tae Kwon Do yesterday fresh out of the box.  I was playing with it while my kids class was going on.  Thirty minutes later and I had sold 2!  When the kids got out of class, one mom grabbed his hand and said "come on!  I have to go home and log on to Amazon!"  Another mom who is pregnant and due any day, said that the kindle was what she wants for her "push present" (never heard of that before).  She was going home to tell her husband to go ahead and place the order.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You know, now that I think about it, a friend of mine a few years back, no more than 3...had a baby and right afterwords her husband bought her a Coach purse or something for her present for popping out the kid. I thought it was odd as well because my mom was never "rewarded" for performing a bodily function. However, that being said, I think its a neat little idea because being pregnant for 9 months and pushing out a kid definitely deserves one last little "me" present before all things child begins ;) Disclaimer: never had a kid, so excuse my ignorance.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Push presents or Birth Presents are given to the mom for giving birth. Its been done for years unofficially but yuppies made it official.

Another new idea is prebirth vacations. There actual 5 star resorts that have a special prebirth vaca package that includes special spa and massages for the mom to be.

·
Registered
129 Posts
chobitz said:
Push presents or Birth Presents are given to the mom for giving birth. Its been done for years unofficially but yuppies made it official.

Another new idea is prebirth vacations. There actual 5 star resorts that have a special prebirth vaca package that includes special spa and massages for the mom to be.
Hmmm...if all this is true, I just might be willing to do that whole birth thing again. Any excuse for a vaca and presents!! ;D

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know the aristocracy would do it for birthing a healthy son and heir.  But considering the girl was likely sleeping with a man she didn't like very much and having a male baby was so important for continuing the family fortunes.  I was reading The Duchess (good book) and it mentioned that it was difficult to obtain loans without having a male heir born (fear of line dying out or future earnings of the family estates transferring to another branch of the family). 

Lara Amber

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I pushed for 2 hrs and 21 minutes to get my son out and no one gave me a present! And they didn't have Kindles in those days. Heck, they barely had computers...LOL.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
LaraAmber said:
You didn't even have Hugh Jackman to think about did you?

Demand a belated push present. ;D

Lara Amber
Yeah, Hugh was just a college student in Sydney, Australia, and none of us had ever heard of him.

About the most exciting thing I had going on was watching Larry Bird & Co. at the Boston Garden -- the old original.

L

·
Registered
30 Posts
Leslie said:
I pushed for 2 hrs and 21 minutes to get my son out and no one gave me a present! And they didn't have Kindles in those days. Heck, they barely had computers...LOL.
*grumble* 36 hours for me and all I got was a nasty scar arcross my tummy at the end of it all. :mad: But I did get my little guy, so I guess it all evens out. Still... diamond tennis bracelet. That's what I am talking about.

luvmy4brats said:
I think I'm back-owed 4 push presents! I should also get a double one for delivering one of them in the front seat of our car...seriously, it was #3.

Never heard of them before.
So what happened -- you were bored after the first two and decided to do it a different way? :D But seriously.... wow. That deserves, like, a new car or something. I don't think I'd want to drive in my old one after gicving birth in it. I'd need a really big, plush replacement. But seriously seriously, you deserve something extra nice. Not only for the circumstances, but for being mom to 4 kids. My deepest respect!

1 - 20 of 86 Posts