Kindle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I just bought my first hammock (of Amazon) and it came with the hammock (obviously), with rope rings attached, and two extension ropes. I know the two trees I want to hook it to, but the directions are pretty much only useful for starting a mini fire. I don't want to screw in hooks or anything. I just want to tie it to the trees. Can anyone suggest a good, easy knot to use that will let me take the hammock down quickly?

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
I use tree ties.  These are made out of pretty hard rubber and hold the hammock really well.  Got them online for about $10.  Getting the hammock up/down is very easy and quick.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Revision.  Actually the tree ties that I have are not rubber (although some are).  They're that material on backpack straps.  Cling great to the tree.

It's June 12 and the weather is finally marginal enough to put up the hammock.  Will be my first hammock season with the Kindle.  Might have to take a light blanket out there, but it's my plan for the day!!

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Clouded up here and so the hammock is out for today. :'(

Did you get tie straps?  If you live near an REI, I know they have them.  Camping stores might as well.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
spotsmom said:
Clouded up here and so the hammock is out for today. :'(

Did you get tie straps? If you live near an REI, I know they have them. Camping stores might as well.
Nah. We live on a farm and have lots of baler twine, so I used some of that. It's pretty hefty stuff and seems to be holding well. Plus, if it does break, it's easily replaceable and I haven't spent any money.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
CoolMom1960 said:
I have not trees in my yard so mine is on a hammock stand. ;D
I'm too poor for a hammock stand. :p But we do have two lovely trees that are about 15 feet apart and provide shade all day no matter where the sun is. They overlap and it's so nice under there.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
My hammock is tethered between two aspens in a small grove of aspens.  I never thought of baling twine.  We have so much of that it's ridiculous.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts