Kindle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning a segment on the Today Show caught my attention. While overall book sales are down, the program said, the sales of romance novels are up! The sales of Harlequin books are up 30% over last year. During times of recession, readers want "happily ever after." They want romance, not the latest gloom and doom news reports, those readers interviewed pointed out.

Of course, I was delighted to see this report. My novels all have happy endings. Stranger in My Heart, the book I am working on now, has a happy ending as well!

While reporters love to poke fun at the romance industry, romance authors smile. Money talks. Everyone is looking for a happily ever after.

Monti

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
So can I use this as an excuse to my husband about my reading habits? You know..."I was just helping the economy"

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kathy said:
The books look great. I will definitly give them a try. Thanks. Also, I noticed there was a 3rd book available, Hearts Across Forever.
Yes, Hearts was my first novel, set in Jamaica with some of the focus on Rose Hall Great House, a favorite tourist attraction. It's available in Kindle.

Monti

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MAGreen said:
So can I use this as an excuse to my husband about my reading habits? You know..."I was just helping the economy"
I love that--just helping the economy. It's a great reason to buy books!

Happy reading!
Monti

·
Registered
9,481 Posts
I tried to respond earlier, but got the dreaded server errror when I went to post, so will try again.  I love romance, happy ever after endings and I lived in Jamaica as a child, so I just downloaded Hearts Across Forever and am looking forward to reading it this evening.  The current state of the economy and world affairs certainly makes me long for happy endings so I am not surprised by the uptick in this type of reading material.  Kindleboards is a great place to find the offerings and authors with whom we may never have otherwise crossed paths.  Thanks!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
crebel said:
I tried to respond earlier, but got the dreaded server errror when I went to post, so will try again. I love romance, happy ever after endings and I lived in Jamaica as a child, so I just downloaded Hearts Across Forever and am looking forward to reading it this evening. The current state of the economy and world affairs certainly makes me long for happy endings so I am not surprised by the uptick in this type of reading material. Kindleboards is a great place to find the offerings and authors with whom we may never have otherwise crossed paths. Thanks!
Jamaica is beautiful. The first time we visited in the 1980s, I fell in love with the tropical beauty of the beaches but felt terrible when I saw the poverty evident close by. I painted a series of very large acrylic paintings (4 x 6 ft.), focusing on Dunn's River Falls and other locations. What an amazing place to spend your childhood! I hope you enjoy my book. Thanks!

Monti

1 - 12 of 12 Posts