Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts
Speaking of Amazon music. . . . . . when I purchased my son's Christmas presents I got a $5 credit for MP3 downloads from Amazon.  It seems like the credit has automatically posted on my account much like a gift certificate, and will be used up as I buy music.  The e-mail didn't have a code so I assume it's already there.  Here's the problem:  I don't buy music.  If anyone knows how/if the $5 can be transferred I'll let 'em have it.  Trade you for $5 for books.  ;) 

Seriously, I won't use the credit so you can have it if you can figure out how to transfer it.  PM me.

Ann

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
You probably can use it for anything.  When I got my Kindle i got a 50 credit because I didn't do the Oprah promo thing correctly.  I used the 50 credit for books, music, accessories,  etc.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dori said:
You probably can use it for anything. When I got my Kindle i got a 50 credit because I didn't do the Oprah promo thing correctly. I used the 50 credit for books, music, accessories, etc.
The $5 promo is for MP3s only. You get it if you buy something electronic. I got one earlier this week. I also get MP3 only gift certificates for my Discover cash back bonuses.

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts
pidgeon92 said:
The $5 promo is for MP3s only. You get it if you buy something electronic. I got one earlier this week. I also get MP3 only gift certificates for my Discover cash back bonuses.
Yep, definitely only for MP3's. Point is I won't use it. . .unless there's some way to buy music and let someone else have it. I'm kind of thinking it's not possible, but I don't even know how it works. If I logged into my Amazon account from my son's computer,say, and downloaded music to his hard drive would he be able to access it? If I download it to my computer can I give it to him legally somehow? Can anyone who knows more about this explain it using small words?

Ann

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ann Von Hagel said:
Yep, definitely only for MP3's. Point is I won't use it. . .unless there's some way to buy music and let someone else have it. I'm kind of thinking it's not possible, but I don't even know how it works. If I logged into my Amazon account from my son's computer,say, and downloaded music to his hard drive would he be able to access it? If I download it to my computer can I give it to him legally somehow? Can anyone who knows more about this explain it using small words?

Ann
The MP3s on Amazon are DRM free, so yes, you can give them to your son.

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts
Good!  Thanks!  I'll let him know I have the credit then and he can decide what he wants.

Ann

·
Registered
455 Posts
This is cool! Thanks for the heads up! Just downloaded all of them currently available. :)

·
Registered
455 Posts
I used the Amazon MP3 downloader that they suggest you download. All of the songs went right into iTunes using that. Easy-peasy! :)

·
Registered
385 Posts
Was this posted? If so, I apologize for reposting, it's just that I haven't seen it mentioned again (if, indeed, I originally saw it here).

Amazon was/is offering a new Christmas mp3 everyday until Christmas. Hurry! Hurry! If you're interested the offer may not be there on the 26th.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's been posted... I will merge it with the other thread.

·
Registered
385 Posts
ok, sorry, wasn't sure. Needed a bump anyway :)
When threads are moved, deleted, merged, whatever, and no link can be found to follow, as was the case here, can you/any mod notify me/that person the next time, pls? All I got was an error page when I refreshed yesterday's thread, and I couldn't find a moved thread to link to. Thanks.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cat said:
ok, sorry, wasn't sure. Needed a bump anyway :)
When threads are moved, deleted, merged, whatever, and no link can be found to follow, as was the case here, can you/any mod notify me/that person the next time, pls? All I got was an error page when I refreshed yesterday's thread, and I couldn't find a moved thread to link to. Thanks.
My bad. Sorry.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts