Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Glad to meet you all- I'm Berni.  I've had my Kindle since Mother's Day (it was my request to my family) and I really love it.  I think my favorite part is that I can actually find what I have!  After living in the same house for 30 years, I can never find a book I'd like to read again- and I'm out of bookshelves.  During the summer we live aboard our sailboat, where space is obviously limited.  Kindle to the rescue!  This is the first summer I haven't had to put aside precious space for my reading material.

I adore my grandson (3 in January, and a little girl due in March) and my new Oberon cover.  I'm a secondary school librarian who now runs an internet hosting company with my husband.

And I can't tell you how relieved I am to find so many other people obsessed by their Kindles.  I was beginning to worry!

Berni

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Welcome again, Bernilynn!

Yes, you've found kindred/kindled spirits here!  Cool, you live on a sailboat in the summer!  Love sailing, haven't done it in years...

Thanks for introducing yourselves!

Betsy

·
Registered
869 Posts
Hi, Berni -

Glad you are enjoying your Kindle as much as everyone here is!

I live in Seattle, where sailing is second nature to many.  Not for me, though. I'll take kayaking, thank you.

Where have you visited on your boat? 

Welcome aboard,

Marci

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Marci said:
Hi, Berni -

Glad you are enjoying your Kindle as much as everyone here is!

I live in Seattle, where sailing is second nature to many. Not for me, though. I'll take kayaking, thank you.

Where have you visited on your boat?

Welcome aboard,

Marci
Hi, Marcy-

We spend most of the summer in Edgartown Harbor in Martha's Vineyard. Our home mooring is in Port Washington, NY, on Long Island Sound.

Someday I'll get to visit Seattle, and a sailboat trip is on my "to do" list......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts