Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy International Women's Day!

In honor of the occasion, I'm starting a SHOUT OUT thread!
Shout out to your favorite female authors!
Shout out to each other!
Shout out to yourself if you like!
Hurray for all the wonderful lady authors here and there and everywhere!​

I'm shouting out to my favorite female authors:

Annathesa Nikola Darksbane*
Barbara Ann Wright
Patricia Briggs
Suzanne Collins

*My wife, a phenomenal storyteller and fantastic author in the making!

And to some of the awesome ladies I've befriended here:

Becca Mills
Elizabeth Sade

There's so many more awesome ladies here! So shout out, ladies and gents!
Let's appreciate these wonderful women who write here at Kboards and everywhere else!

Happy Women's Day!

·
Registered
744 Posts
Great idea!  :)

Happy International Women's Day!  :)

Here are some of my favorite female authors:

Kristan Higgins
Robyn Peterman
Tara Sivec
Jennifer Crusie
Stephanie Bond
Catherine Bybee
Terri Osburn
Marina Adair
Tracy Brogan

And my favorite author-to-be is...MY WIFE (She is writing her first romance right now!)  :)

Wishing you all an amazing day!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Whee! Here's to Patricia Wrede and Connie Willis! And Willow the awesome cover artist! And I haven't done a shout-out to KBoards' own Kate Danley in a while, so here you go! :D

·
Registered
252 Posts
Awesome, heh.

Favorites: Ursula K. LeGuin, Lois McMaster Bujold, Seanan McGuire, Rainbow Rowell... ellipsis because I never want to end a favorites list.

And favorite authors I've found (new to me) since last IWD: Courtney Milan, Rachel Aaron/Bach, Sarina Bowen, N.K. Jemisin, Ann Somerville... wow, 2014/early 2015 was a great year for following book recs. Flipping through my Kindle to remember these, there's SO MUCH AWESOME STUFF on the TBR pile. And those are just books/authors that I've heard of.

BRB, reading forever.  8)

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
Hey, back at ya, Arshness!

By far my favorite female author would have to be Andre Norton. She was one of the first writers I would read anything and everything she wrote. Other favorites include: Barbara Michaels, Phillis A Whitney, Lois Bujold, Anne Crispin, Elizabeth Peters, James Triptree, Jr., Octavia Butler, and on and on. There were just so many over the years!

To my fellow female writers on kboards. We're forging ground, ladies! A special shout out to Becca Mills, who handled a very scary situation with grace and class, and thought of the community here in the midst of her recent crisis. Way to inspire, Becca (and the book is wonderful). :)

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Arshness,

My wife is Russian and March 8th is a much bigger holiday than any other except for New Years in her culture.  For those Yanks who don't know it's the equivalent of Valentine's Day on steroids and I'm in the dog house if I don't do the big day celebration thingy on March 8th  :)

My problem is that my wife has adopted Valentine's Day on February 14th and her birthday is February 22nd then comes the BIG day, March 8th, International Woman's Day so I am pretty broke by March 9th LOL.

So for all the support I get where it counts I shout out to my wife MASHA!  Happy Woman's Day!

Another shout out to all the Kboard ladies who selfishly post and help and especially for Cagnes who stepped up and did my cover on my first book.  May your day be a great one and may you find happiness and success always!  :-*

Warmest Regards,
SM

·
Registered
325 Posts
To my wife: my greatest cheerleader, my best support, my beta reader and editor and cover maker and bread winner and dearest friend and true love, as well as the best mother a boy ever had.

And my mother. The best mother a girl ever had.

(And all the women writers I love, too many to list!)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts