Kindle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Goodmorning from Charleston SC<wave>

I'm a military girl, married to a military boy. We have 4 children(17, 15, 9, & 9) and one kitten. We've traveled all over and are now stationed in Charleston. We love the EastCoast, except when the humidity makes my hair 'fro!!(happens a lot!)

I had been drooling over the Kindle since it first came out, but am a notorious tightwad and wouldnt buy it...I almost talked myself into it when I deployed this year, but wussed out. My hubby, tired of me wiffle-waffleing Im sure, bought it for me when Oprah threw out her 50$off deal...and I've been LOVIN it ever since.

I've been lurking around here for awhile now, specifically b/c "Asian_Vegas"(hope that right) had this cute pix of a kitten being held, talking about...Its dark out, take this!.and it made me giggle all the time....oh, and all the books ;D

Hubby is leaving for a year long deployment, and I plan on burning through all his deployment $$ on BoraBella Bags & whatever else you can get me into :-* (kidding really, I promise)

SmrTyme

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Welcome to the board. Glad you came out of lurking. God bless you and your husband for your sacrifice for our country.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Welcome.  VA is a cutey and we all love everything about her.  Glad her pic convinced you to join us. 
Be sure to post whatever BoraBella bags you get so we can drool over them.
And thanks to you, your husband and your family for serving our country.
deb

·
Registered
599 Posts
Welcome to KB! Beware the accessories board!

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, SmrTyme! Glad you found us. Here aresome links to area in the Book Corner for cheap reading. material. (more money left over for accessories that way!)
Free Books
Bargain Books March 09
Thank you for your husband's and your service to this country and come back to KindleBoards often.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Welcome SmrTyme! Glad to have you here at KB. Thanks to you and your hubby for your service to our country. My hubby is 20 years retired Navy and there are others active and retired military here. You find a new family here at KB. :) Borsa Bella bags are great, be sure and check out Accessories.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank You, Thank You....

are you sure you guys dont get a commision off that Accessories board? ;)

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Welcome SmrTyme and thank you to you and your husband for your selfless service to our country.  I'm sure your DH will want you to have certain accessories!  Have Fun!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Now why am I the only one who thinks Smrtyme should get her DH a kindle for while he is gone?  To heck with the accessories  ;)

Thanks to you both for your service, as Linda said we have lots of active and retired military here so you both fit in just perfect.

Also glad you came out of lurking  ;)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Salute to you and welcome to the boards.  :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Vegas_Asian (Experiment#305) said:
You mean,.....

Welcome to the Kindleboards! We're just a bunch of book addicts.
I see you also like coffee you may like this latte art:
;D I LOVE THIS! I would put it on a tshirt or coffee mug! I was making people at work come and look at it...

I asked him if he would like one for his deployment...he declined. He said if I wanted to make him smile, I could buy him an Alienware laptop (gamer-geek hubby)so, I did :D but dont tell him.....It hasnt gotten here yet

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Welcome aboard...nice to have you here and thank you to you, your husband and your children for what you do for our country :))) How awesome that you got him the laptop that he wanted...we won't tell ;D

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Glad you joined us!  Good of your Dear Hubby to know how much you wanted that Kindle!  (My own DH also ordered mine for me when I couldn't convince myself  :-\ and now I wonder why I waited so long!) 

Much thanks to you, your husband and family for your service and sacrifice! 

N :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts