Kindle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,  I am a soon to be Kindle owner as my wonderful family placed an order at Christmas and I anxiously await the arrival of my favorite gift.  I was a kindle lover when it first came out, before Oprah put her mark out and had this as a wish item for a very long time but with four children, two in college and two active in dance classes I could never justify spending the money on myself....how wonderful that my children decided to spoil their mom with this wonderful gift....can't tell you how slowly these weeks will go by as I wait for my toy ;D  Already have a large wish list of books waiting to be downloaded as soon as my package arrives.  I am sure that I will be just as thrilled as you all and enjoy reading everyone's posts while I wait.

Vicki

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Welcome to the board - you will learn a lot while waiting, free books, tips, trouble shooting, etc.,  You will be all ready for your treat.  Wonderful for your kids to think of Mom  ;D

Keep us posted, in fact there is a waiting for kindle thread.

G

·
howdy and welcome,

Once you get familiar with things here, you can check out the bargin books and the free book sites.  You don't have to wait for your Kindle to arrive before you start your new library.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hi Vicki and welcome to KindleBoards. Congrats on the *gift* and glad you found us. This is a great place to hang out and learn more about the kindle.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Vicky,

Welcome Aboard!  Glad you found your way to KB  :)

Plenty to do here while you wait.  Lots of book clubs starting or just about to start or will be starting soon to take a look at.  Don't have to have a Kindle to join in.  Tons of book recommendations and discussion in the Book Corner as well.

When is the expected arrival date?

Cheers,

Marci

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Vicki, Welcome--

What a great family you have!  As has been said, you can start ordering books now.  There are plenty of free, bargain and favorite books recommended in the Book Corner.  And you can spend the time learning in the Tips, Tricks and Troubleshooting section and just hanging out in Not Quite Kindle!

I think you'll get your Kindle sooner than the current shipping date.  Keep us posted.

Betsy

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the welcomes, shipping date was listed as Feb 24 - March 9 but looks like they have shorten the span since it was ordered so I am anxiously awaiting. Thanks for all the tips and ideas....I have my wish list ready as soon as it arrives, just have to decide which book will be my "first"  ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts