KBoards.com banner

141 - 160 of 328 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
It's a no to sunglasses working and if I owned a really nice pair, I wouldn't try it.  They'd end of getting broken.  I tried to put some stuff from my purse in here.  It doesn't work, even for a minimalist like myself.  Won't zip shut.  You have to arrange things so that anything with any thickness is side by side only.  Together, the zipper won't close.  

To their defense, they are not selling it as a purse alternative, only an i-pad case with room for a few other things.  It does that.  I'd have to buy a BIG purse to carry everything including this case.  Not sure how functional it is for me, but I'll use it for the occasional evening meeting or go out want to fool around on my i-pad in my spare time time and not need my purse time.

kathy

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Well it appears our owl saga has a happy ending! I guess there will be no clipped wings or birdie BBQs.  Can't wait to hear Ginny's review, too.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
skyblue said:
Well it appears our owl saga has a happy ending! I guess there will be no clipped wings or birdie BBQs. Can't wait to hear Ginny's review, too.
I'm just sitting here waiting! Y'all will be the first to hear from when when it arrives!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Well, I'm SOO glad that you like your cases. UPS tried to deliver it to my work yesterday but no one was there. We are closed on Monday and I usually stuff the day with meetings. It will arrive today. I was so afraid that this was going to be a scam or just a shoddy product. Everyone waited so long that I didn't see how it could live up to expectations. It sounds like it is just what I want. Can't wait to get to work today!

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
I am NOT NOT NOT happy! Here is my recent email from Happy Owl:

Happy Owl Studio Info to me
show details 11:14 AM (5 hours ago)
I got your comment on the blog and I thought a personal reply would be best. I looked into your order and you ordered The Clutch in red, which is shipping in batch 2. Batch 2 left the factory on the 10/9 and is en route to the US now. Once it lands, clears customs and arrives at the fulfillment house, these cases will begin to be shipped out. And you can check out the shipping graphic at any time to see the most up to date info at http://www.happyowlstudio.com/happy-owl-studio-ship-date.html.

If you meant to order The Clutch Limited Edition in red which is at the fulfillment warehouse now and is available for delivery to customers right away, please email us [email protected] and Gabe will help you switch your order within 24 hours.

The difference between the cases The Clutch and The Clutch Limited Edition is the pleats on the front - the regular clutch has more crisp knife pleats, while the Limited Edition has softer pleats allowing you to carry slightly more stuff.

Hope I've answered your question. Please let us know if you have any more!

Thanks and think happy,
Amy

·
Registered
651 Posts
Ginny.
Hmmmm.  I don't understand that at all.  Did you specify the harder pleats.  They came up with the limited edition vs. regular after I placed my order.  I didn't know that a choice was ever given.  I'm glad to have the softer one and  I can't imagine what you could carry in the harder pleated one.  Only really flat things.  What did you decide?

Kathy

·
Registered
771 Posts
Mine arrived today. I did order the softer pleats. I really like it. It is well made and classy. Was it worth the wait - I guess so. The company would have been better advised to withhold the product until they had stock in hand to fill their orders. That said, I am liking it. Well made and pretty - doesn't hold much but I can live with that. I'll carry another smaller purse or brief case when I use it. I'm going to play with it for a few days until I work the bugs out of how to pack it and how to type on it easily. Right now I have my flexable bluetooth keyboard, a few cards, and my iPod in the zipper side. I think that my phone will fit but that will be about all. I was hoping that it would do as a purse and case but I don't think I'm going to make that work on an everyday basis. Yes, I would buy it again.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
I'm so confused over what I ordered back in July, however, I just emailed H.O. to say I wanted the soft pleats since that's what y'all have received and like. AND... they are here not still in China being manufactured! I'll let you know what they say.

I think what confused me was when they sent the confirmation and I had to pick one. I didn't know the difference!

Confusing.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
Here is the latest from H.O. Needless to say, I'm angry and I asked for a complete refund. I will dispute the charge on my credit card.

GabeHappyOwl to me                                            show details 10:30 AM (8 hours ago)
Your red clutch has not shipped yet. since it is in either Batch 2 or 3, it is currently either being sent over by international air freight from our manufacturer or in customs.

Attached to this email is the shipping timeline form our site, updated on 12/9, so please add a week to the time frames listed.

By the time we ship your item, we should have tracking information available so you can trace its progress.

Thanks for your patience and sorry for the delay :)

Think Happy,
Gabe

Gabe Hernandez
[email protected]
www.happyowlstudio.com
www.twitter.com/happyowlstudio

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
After I told H.O. to cancel and that I was going to dispute their charge, here is the message I received: (I opted for the soft pleats and did not cancel my order.) Good grief, I'm so tired of this battle!

Happy Owl Studio to me
show details 7:37 PM (42 minutes ago)
Ginny

Your order would be shipping in Batch 2 because that's when Red Clutches are arriving in our warehouse. The customers who have received their products already ordered either Black Wallets or The Limited Edition Red Clutch (softer pleats, vs knife pleats on the standard Clutch). If you'd like to change your order to a Limited Edition Red Clutch it will ship immediately.

Let me know if you'd still like me to cancel your order or if you'd like to change it to the Limited Edition Red Clutch. If you do want to wait for the standard Red Clutch (knife pleated), it is due to arrive at our warehouse this or next week (depending on customs) and you're definitely at the front of the line for one.

Devon
Happy Owl Studio

·
Registered
771 Posts
Well, I know that you have been through the mill with this case. I received the red clutch with the soft pleats this week and I think that you will like it. I have gotten a lot of complements from co-workers and colleagues at meetings. It stands up nice for typing and viewing movies or TV. It doesn't hold a lot but I just carry a tote with the extra junque - I generally leave the tote in my trunk except at work.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I would never do business with a company that has shown this much incompetency/bad faith. What happens if something in your product is defective? Is it going to take another 6 months and all of this round and round to get it taken care of? Just make sure you don't go past the deadline to dispute the charge. Who cares how nice the product is if it's this much of a pain and negotiation to get it? You have to take a downgrade just to get delivery? You have to choose another product other than the one you ordered and were promised, just so you can get your order fulfilled?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Mine arrived as well and it's much better in person. I too went red leather limited edition.

They took forever but I think they are just terribly inexperienced with overseas production and schedules.

As stated it is not a handbag alternative but it's perfect for client meetings. Buttery soft leather. Very professional .

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Ginny, what did you decide to do?

Yogini, are you still happy with yours?

After all this, did anyone else order from this "company"?

·
Registered
771 Posts
The product is very nice. I really like it. That said, I think that the folks running this company - I envision a couple of young folks in their parents garage - didn't have any idea of what they were getting into. I'm sure that they would do it differently if they do it again. Remember the growing pains that Oberon had? Nothing compared to this company but ... I must be a cockeyed optimist but I just ordered the thing and put it in the back of my mind, knowing that it was a preorder and would probably take a while to arrive. I wish them well and think that they would be advised to do everything that they can to make their customers whole. I would be interested in the experience of someone who orders now.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
I think, and this is just a guess, that the confusion started when I got the confirmation email. I had to check red clutch or limited edition. Not knowing which was which, I probably checked the wrong box. This is just a guess. Two people said I ordered the red clutch... but of course I did! I just didn't know one was being delivered now and the other was still an itch somewhere in China.

I told Devon that I wanted the soft clutch. I think they are overwhelmed. What's odd though is that they don't allow an open comment on FB or on their website. If they had allowed this then they may have relieved some fears.

Apart from my sunglasses, I don't carry much, so it may be all I need when I opt to take my iPad with me. I'm still home recuperating from rotator cuff surgery, so I don't need it for work at the moment. I'll be patient at this point. I have probably "talked" to every person in the H.O. office! When I get it, I'll send them all a nice email - hopefully praising their bag!

Is the strap long enough for cross body?

141 - 160 of 328 Posts