Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only got about 15 kids...it is ten til 9 and I bought 120 pieces of candy!!...guess I know what I'll be doing later.  Not like I haven't already started.  Where is everybody? 

·
Registered
695 Posts
I'm here, it's still early in Ca, only 5:55.  I'm not doing Halloween though, too many scum bags in this town so I'm sitting in my livingroom at the back of the house watching Forever Darling (Lucille Ball/Desi Arnaz).

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
We are in a trick or treat free zone. No kids on the street and our street is sort of funny and off the way...not in a neighborhood. I don't think we've had a trick or treater for ten years. When my children were little, I took them to my sister's house to trick or treat with their cousin. She lived in a happening neighborhood! LOL

L

·
Registered
829 Posts
no knock here.....  :(    I am so bummed and have tons of candy

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts
We have a pretty kid filled neighborhood.  They all came by.  I gave them each a handful of candy but have a lot left over.   Gee, what to do, what to do???

;)
Ann

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I see Teninx has his Halloween costume as do I...what about the rest of you? LOL

L

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
No knock here either, not like it used to be. I been "just a kindling" SJC. Decisions, decisions, finished the freebie Truth and Consequences and trying to decide what to read next?? Guess I'll start a new book and eat all my Halloween candy I bought.

Linda

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
We also have lots of candy left!  I was IM'ing a friend who wanted to know when she could consider Hallowe'en over so she could start eating the candy.  I told her 8 PM, LOL!

Betsy

·
Registered
874 Posts
On the west coast so it's almost 6pm (almost dark), only a group of 5 kids at my place.  Though I don't really celebrate halloween...and stopped after the 4th grade.  It's hard when your dad tells you "it's like letting your children to go door-to-door begging for food"...kinda puts a whole new spin on it.  I don't have money for candy this year (bills, rent, gas, etc. tends to come first for me)...sorry.  So I'm in the dark kicking myself in the butt for not having a book light for my Kindle. :D

Tris

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
No knock here either, not like it used to be. I been "just a kindling" SJC. Decisions, decisions, finished the freebie Truth and Consequences and trying to decide what to read next?? Guess I'll start a new book and eat all my Halloween candy I bought.

Linda
I actually liked the freebie Perfecting Amanda, but I think I am the only person who did. But if you got that and still have it on your Kindle, it is a fast and easy read. Sort of fun and happy ending.

L

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Sorry Tris but your last statement is hilarious.  ;D Eat Ramen Noodles a few days & get you a light, I've sat in the dark at Halloween before also for the very same reason.

Love the costume Tenix! I tried to have a costume but could never get my avatar to change. ??? We all know I am computer illiterate.

Linda

·
Registered
509 Posts
Our town decreed that last night was trick-or-treat night. And it was restricted to the hours of 5:00 pm--7:30 pm. So the kids missed out on a weekend halloween and had to be in early besides.

That's no costume, that's my college yearbook photo.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Teninx said:
That's no costume, that's my college yearbook photo.
College yearbook photos make good costumes when you reach a certain age. Where do you think mine came from? ;D

L

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok...darn it...Now I'm going to sit here and eat all this extra candy and put on all of the weight that Oprah's lost.

Sorry, I had to...I can't help myself.  I've been on an Oprah kick all week.  I actually don't NOT like the lady; it's just that she's given me so much material to work with this week; I could rent out a stadium and go on for hours at her expense after the infamous Kindle show:

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
By the way teninx:  Your hat doesn't constitute as a costume; it's a part of your everyday persona; you have to put on a NEW one for it to count as a costume.  I, however, am wearing an INVISIBLE COSTUME:  I am dressed as the witch that I already am.  

I did put on lipstick to answer the door:  maybe, that is what scared all the little kiddies away.

SERIOUSLY:  WHAT GIVES???  Is it the economy, the election, the forum?  I usually get about 100 kids...I got all of 15 and that's giving a couple. I live in an upper middle class rural neighborhood on a cul-de-sac...can't be the traffic...What is going on?  WOW!! have times changed...we trick or treated for hours in several neighborhoods.  We'd go home, change costumes and go out again and re-hit the houses that gave big candy bars...we could open up our own candy store the next day.

I (don't be shocked) am speechless. Why is it like this?  It's sort of freaking me out.  Are things that bad?  

It's that Oprah airing isn't it?...I knew it.  The long-term effects are settling in....aren't they?  

·
Registered
874 Posts
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
Sorry Tris but your last statement is hilarious. ;D Eat Ramen Noodles a few days & get you a light, I've sat in the dark at Halloween before also for the very same reason.

Love the costume Tenix! I tried to have a costume but could never get my avatar to change. ??? We all know I am computer illiterate.

Linda
I'm glad that you got such a kick out of it Linda. :) Hopefully this new job of mine will quickly remedy my problem, alas not fast enough.

I used to have the old "Itty Bitty Booklight" but my dad the ex-engineer/inventor said that he could make a better more efficent power adapter for it and totally broke it. Think 'Tim Taylor' from the old TV show "Home Improvement" and you can kind of understand my dad...though I know his heart was in the right place...but when we plugged that contraption in...the bulb blew with a strange acrid smell in the air.

My life is like a TV show...literally. I have many witnesses! ;D

Ah, these posts are getting funny by the minute! ;)

Back to the topic of trick-or-treaters, I don't have a lot of kids at my place (everyone are either single or recently married adults)...so I'm thinking by 8 or 9pm I can turn on my lights again and unmute my TV.

Tris

·
Registered
695 Posts
Haha ... you should come over here Tris, the front of my house is dark as can be and I'm sitting in my livingroom watching a movie with the surround sound on.  No one can hear a thing outside.

I'm not going to like the time change though.  It's already pitch black at 6:45 so in a few days it'll be pitch black at 5:45, ugh.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Tris;  not so fast, I got you beat; Tim the tool-man...that's small potatoes.  Try Herman Munster meets Lucille Ball.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts