Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A bit late in the day, but better late than never. :)

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No. Not that I've ever seen.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Not only that, but I'm a Scotsman like Rabbie, from Ayrshire like Rabbie, and my birthday is also on the 25th Jan.

I have the single malt, and the tatties and neeps. The chances of getting a haggis out here in rural Newfoundland, however, are slim to none...

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm in the Wash DC metro, and there are a few places around to get haggis. I have to eat it myself, though, the family's not on board.  But I make a shepherd's pie, and my wife and I have some Laphroaig.  I do love Burns and his poetry, but also -- it's just a perfect dreary time of year for an excuse to eat and drink like this. 

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
williammeikle said:
Not only that, but I'm a Scotsman like Rabbie, from Ayrshire like Rabbie, and my birthday is also on the 25th Jan.

I have the single malt, and the tatties and neeps. The chances of getting a haggis out here in rural Newfoundland, however, are slim to none...
Sadly true on the haggis here in Oregon as well. And very tasty a good haggis is.

Here is one of my favorite Burns songs on youtube, a fine way to celebrate:

ETA: Yes, Paolo Nutini is a Scottish name for a fine Scottish singer. :)

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And for any Scots who are feeling a bit homesick:

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And on Burns Day what I consider the best of all the renderings of my favorite Burns love song:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks, that Nutini song is very good. I posted it on fb (rare praise).  And looked him up and learned he is indeed a Scot.

Happy Burns Day!

"If I must write, let it be sedition"

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Indeed, Paolo Nutini was born and raised in Paisley, Scotland, very much a Scot. I like a lot of his music, Candy and Iron Sky in particular. It's a shame he is little known in the US.

Happy Burns Day to you too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts