Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
19,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i've been thinking about starting this for a while, and crebel encouraged me today, so here's a new thread to post a happy quote or happy thought or something pretty or good or nice.....

from this month's readers digest:

quote of the day---

Today me will live in the moment. Unless it is unpleasant. In which case me will eat a cookie
Cookie Monster

·
Registered
19,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
"sorry, i can't answer your work e-mail, i've taken off my bra for the night."

i find this quite amusing because due to the way i have things set up, and the fact that i can't get people to text me when there's work, i'm checking my work e-mail in all sorts of various outfits...

·
Registered
9,172 Posts
*giggle*

I don't have anything to add today, but I am glad you started this new thread!  The old "What gave your day a bump today?" was very uplifting, but fell off the radar years ago.  We can all use the smiles and laughs right now.

·
Registered
19,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
two cat comments:

Dogs prepare you for babies.  Cats prepare you for teenagers.

If the world were flat, cats would have pushed everything off the edges.

·
Registered
19,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
for certain friends here (and prior posters.....)

Don't tick off old people. The older we get, the less "Life in Prison" is a deterrent.

·
Registered
19,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
not a quote today, but a weird telracs observation....

remember when you were younger and your parents or grandparents would tell you that they had to walk two miles to school uphill, both ways.  and you thought, how could both ways be uphill?

well, i realized that my slightly less than two mile each way walk to outback actually has quite a bit uphill both ways.  in the middle of the walk going there, and right at the beginning of the walk on the way home.

so maybe our parents/grandparents weren't as crazy as we thought.....

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the ground.

Teddy Roosevelt

And I believe Casey Kasem borrowed it later....

Reactions: Annalog

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
Apparently I don't know how to quote with this new interface...

from telracs:
remember when you were younger and your parents or grandparents would tell you that they had to walk two miles to school uphill, both ways. and you thought, how could both ways be uphill?

Andra's answer:
We visited San Francisco in 2019. Pretty much every place we walked from the hotel seemed to be uphill both ways. It was weird.

·
Registered
19,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Apparently I don't know how to quote with this new interface...

from telracs:
remember when you were younger and your parents or grandparents would tell you that they had to walk two miles to school uphill, both ways. and you thought, how could both ways be uphill?

Andra's answer:
We visited San Francisco in 2019. Pretty much every place we walked from the hotel seemed to be uphill both ways. It was weird.

okay, here's the hint..... if you hit reply, it automatically quotes the last post.

if you don't want to quote, you can just use the "type your reply here" box at the bottom of the page.

And OY! don't get me started on SF. they need to do a color coded map for tourists showing how steep the hills are. i never made it to the Castro/Haight Ashbury district because i just couldn't face another hill. and walking UP to the Coit Tower? deadly!

·
Registered
19,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't know how I missed this one. I may need to add a signature line ...
i was kind of surprised you never commented on it...

BTW, today is international Lego day. so go into your closets and find a toy and have some fun. i'm planning on coloring if i managed to clean a bunch of stuff off my coffee table.

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
okay, here's the hint..... if you hit reply, it automatically quotes the last post.

if you don't want to quote, you can just use the "type your reply here" box at the bottom of the page.

And OY! don't get me started on SF. they need to do a color coded map for tourists showing how steep the hills are. i never made it to the Castro/Haight Ashbury district because i just couldn't face another hill. and walking UP to the Coit Tower? deadly!
That is definitely easy. But I suspect it will take me a while before that becomes second nature. Thanks!
Here's my happy for the day. Ginger is hanging out in my office with me. Oh! It's easy to add photos!

·
Registered
19,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hint water now comes in 1 Liter bottles!
And free shipping on 3 or more cases.

(hey, it's MY happy thought for the day)

·
Registered
19,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm cleaning out what is now called "conversations" and found this old dialogue.

Former poster (you guys may try and guess who):
Two signs of getting older is loss of memory and I can't recall the other one.

My response:
Nobody wants to get older, but it beats the only known alternative.

·
Registered
19,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Another old quote i found:

Regarding positive thinking: I'm all in favor of positive thinking. However, it should be followed by positive actions and a willingness to do what it takes to improve. Otherwise, "positive thinking" is just "happy day dreams."

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
The Live Jelly Cam at the Monterey Bay Aquarium
We went back in 2019 and even though I am not a big fan of aquariums, I could have spent all day watching the jellyfist. It was so soothing.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts