Kindle Forum banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
6,128 Posts

I decided to stop hoarding firewood yesterday and had a nice little fire. I don't know how to make pictures smaller - I looked at the code and there was not an image tag... Oh wait - I can just click and drag!

·
Registered
19,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
the swirly ear to ear music effect you get in some songs when listening with headphones

(andra, nice socks...)

·
Registered
22,052 Posts
We have heat! The HVAC guy came around 1 PM and replaced the capacitor on the furnace. Now we should have some time to evaluate and decide if this is the year the system gets replaced. The furnace cycling on and off sure is a welcome sound.

·
Registered
19,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
i just finished watching a great documentary on PBS about a show called SOUL! that aired in that 1960s and was produced by WNET (then NET), channel 13 in NYC.

"service is the rent we pay for taking up space on the planet"

·
Registered
19,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
today i am grateful for people with nice handwriting and the person who makes nice circles over her "i"s but fortunately doesn't put smily faces in them.

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
I found a new style of planner - this one is a subscription so you get a new planner each month. I am going to try the 3-month option, but I will let it start in April.
www.silkandsonder.com

I also stumbled on some youtube videos showing the actual pages for some of the planners. The first one I found has an affiliate link for 25% off.

So new planner and 25% off! That makes me happy.

·
Registered
19,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
listening to the amazon prime guy's music blasting from his truck, then watching the safelite glass guy install a new windshield, then the nice guy who let me go ahead of him on line at the grocery store.

·
Registered
9,172 Posts
I should have posted here last night, but I didn't get around to it. My happy for yesterday was DH coming home a little after noon, and we made the 180 mile round trip to the big city just to go to Trader Joe's for the first time in 14 months. It was glorious. :D

I felt far safer than the few outings I've had to our local grocery store. 100% mask enforcement as well as customer limits to even enter the store. We waited on line less than 5 minutes to get in. I have to admit, I was WAY more excited than a person should be for a long-distance grocery shopping foray.

We took a big cooler and cooler bags along, so we were able to get all the frozen and refrigerated items we wanted (and we wanted a LOT). They have so many reasonably priced specialty foods and international items that we can't even get the ingredients for here. Only a couple of things I hoped to find were not available.

Also happy we got half a dozen bottles of wine and a bottle of tawny port! We didn't go anywhere else, didn't stop and take the risk of visiting family members, but it was still a fun afternoon.

·
Registered
19,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
i was hoping crebel would post about her trip to TJ here (she'd already told me about it), because i was thinking about it when i had this address come up during my work hours...
FREEZER ROAD....

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
My happy on Friday was watching YouTube videos made the same day at Niagara Falls. They were long walks with the views of American and Canadian Falls from
Canadian side. One was early in the morning and the other started before sunset. Will post links tomorrow. The YouTube channel is 4K Wanderer. He is in Toronto and usually posts walk videos there.

Reactions: Annalog

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Here are links to the Niagara Falls walks by 4k Wanderer on youtube that I posted about earlier.

The early morning walk:

Sunset walk -- skip the first 55 minutes before he gets to the water views:

These are long, but even just a small part watch is very calming and beautiful.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts