Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently deleted a previous KDP account due to issues with my account information that were easier solved by remaking a new account. When I re-published on of my books, the same 4 people who trolled the previous version immediately all threw up 1 star reviews with ridiculous and obviously made-up reviews about how my book "got them arrested" or "is a scam" etc. I had plenty of great reviews on the old version but since this is recent, the only reviews I have on the book are the four 1-stars from these clowns. How long does it take for amazon to remove such reviews?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Reported all of the posts to amazon, still no reply from them =/

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Amazon.co.uk acts almost immediately taking dodgy reviews down but .com lags behind in everything in my experience. ;-(

Keep sending them emails. Hope you get it sorted soon.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
carolco said:
Do these people gain anything from it?
I've known many people who do similar things in games, forums, etc. It's generally a power trip. Often they are trolling for reactions and trying to make the target do something rash (like a curse-filled reply).

From an author-related view, we have read of other situations here on the forums where people who were jealous of the successes of another author have used sock puppets and friends to drive down their ranking. The internet can be a truly disturbing place, but this kind of activity is pretty uncommon, generally. Sorry the OP has to deal with it. I hope I never have to.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Philip Chen said:
Have you contacted DTP to see if they can resurrect your old reviews? You should give it a try.
They can do that?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts