Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2,352 Posts
Damn. What a disappointment. But I had a feeling this was too good to be true. The lack of a cover image for Book 7 or descriptions in either listing are suspicious, plus the e-books themselves apparently have no copyright, etc. data according to the people here who have downloaded them.

· Registered
2,352 Posts
Elijsha said:
but if you like potter why not just buy it? seems like a nice price, they cant take it back can they? an if they do wont you get a refund?
Because you'd be buying illegal bootlegs, with none of the profits going to the author.

Why bother?

If you really want to store pirate copies on your Kindle, it's easy enough to do yourself for free. (No, I haven't and would never do that. Just saying though.) My point is: Why pay some filthy, sleazy hacker any money? Yeah, Rowling is being unreasonable - but she'll come around eventually. She has to. The dinosaurs died off after a while. Unless she wants to go the way of them, she'll wake up and enter the 21st century one day.

· Registered
2,352 Posts
Leslie said:
It would seem to me that if it is an illegal copy, it could vanish from your Kindle when you turn your Whispernet on, and you won't get a refund of your $3.12. Of course, that's just my speculation, who knows what will really happen.

L
Would be unfair of Amazon not to offer refunds though. A lot of unsuspecting people aren't going to realize they're illegal copies. Several of us were even fooled at first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.