Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,182 Posts
I just bought these and checked them out. Formatting is OK, but I'm suspicious because they don't appear to have any copyright information or any of the usual spiel that ebooks have, nor do they have a cover page. So, are they legal copies? What do you think?

· Registered
1,182 Posts
"Well, I'm going to go on the record here and state that they are bootlegs. No, I don't have any connection to Amazon. However, I do hope that when these books are released they wouldn't use 'Serious Black' in place of 'Sirius Black.' Also, they should use paragraph breaks! And where are the chapter illustrations? And why does 'Dumbledore Apparate...' when he should just 'apparate.'"

"So, if these are real, they had a really, really poor editor."

Probably not an English speaking one anyway.

· Registered
1,182 Posts
Kristena said:
Well, I'm going to go on the record here and state that they are bootlegs. No, I don't have any connection to Amazon. However, I do hope that when these books are released they wouldn't use 'Serious Black' in place of 'Sirius Black.' Also, they should use paragraph breaks! And where are the chapter illustrations? And why does 'Dumbledore Apparate...' when he should just 'apparate.'

So, if these are real, they had a really, really poor editor.
Half Blood Prince does have paragraph breaks and Deathly Hallows has breaks on the first couple of pages...which is all I checked on a quick scan of the books in the first place.:)

· Registered
1,182 Posts
I too deleted the copies off my Kindle and checked the Manage Your Kindle section where it lists all the books you have bought and they do not appear there anymore. No charge or credit to my ccd so I think they just didn't go through with the transaction.  ;D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.