Kindle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,349 Posts
sherylb said:
I just bought these and checked them out. Formatting is OK, but I'm suspicious because they don't appear to have any copyright information or any of the usual spiel that ebooks have, nor do they have a cover page. So, are they legal copies? What do you think?
Since they came from Amazon, I wouldn't worry about it. Amazon is not about to sell illegal copies. JKR would kill them, and she's richer than they are.

Steve

· Registered
1,349 Posts
In my very humble opinion, you guys are nuts. There is no way Amazon is going to put an illegal copy on their site, and there is no way someone is going to upload a copy to their computers and have it fully integrated into their whole process (listings, searches, whispernet, etc). No way, no how. It is totally legit.

Steve

· Registered
1,349 Posts
Well, it looks like I may have to give a very humble apology. My insistence that Amazon would never allow an illegal copy to get uploaded to their system may be wrong. I no longer see the JKR Kindle books on the Amazon site. I don't know how someone could have done this (I even got the normal email from Amazon listing the purchase and charges). I'm stumped.

Steve

· Registered
1,349 Posts
Harvey said:
someone is illegally profiting from J. K. Rowling's works
Another thing I don't get. We are being charged by the normal Amazon pay system. Anyone who did this must know that it would be quickly found out and that Amazon would never pay them. This still makes no sense to me.

Steve

· Registered
1,349 Posts
jasondeena said:
I called Amazon support and they said the book was fine. I ask if I should worry about it being an illegal copy and was told not to worry .
These is another possibilty here. The books actually are going to be available shortly, but someone at Amazon made a mistake and listed them before they were supposed to.

Steve

· Registered
1,349 Posts
LibraryGirl said:
I feel so bad for ordering these!
You should not feel bad at all. When they were first listed you had no way of knowing there was a problem. That certainly never occurred to me. Everything can be rectified as we find out what happened, but there is certainly no reason for you to feel bad about anything.

Steve

· Registered
1,349 Posts
Leslie,

I may have missed a few of the posts, but I thought this was a very good discussion. The books were posted on the Amazon site so I think the benefit of any doubt should go to them being legit. A few people brought up reasons why they might be illegal, and then everyone jumped in to try to figure it out (including notifying Amazon). I didn't read every single post, but I, for one, really thought they were legal and defended my position until evidence started to prove otherwise. As I said, maybe there was a nasty post I missed, but I really thought this whole thing is the way it should be discussed. I certainly don't think the thread should have been stopped, because we, collectively, managed to figure it out. I think it was a very legitimate and helpful, discussion.

Steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.