Kindle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
137 Posts
Shouldn't there be more fanfare with a HP release for the Kindle? The marketing potential for such a release could be incredible. It just seems odd to make the last two books available as if at random, on some inconsequential day.

Heck, if U2 can have a special edition Ipod, why not a special edition Potter Kindle with the series preloaded and extra this-n-thats: a marauder's map screensaver for one.  :p  If JKR has indeed authorized the release of this series for the Kindle and other ereaders, this seems like a lackluster way to go about it, kwim?

· Registered
137 Posts
Yeah, it could be a marketing test.

It just seems like the whole set would be released on Harry Potter's birthday or something. LOL And there'd be a big announcement (at which time the Kindle would be on backorder for 37 weeks, naturally).  ;D

· Registered
137 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
Errr.... I really am too busy to go research this at Leaky Cauldron or Muggle.net. Has anybody tried yet?
I didn't go over those sites with a fine-toothed comb, but nothing jumps out in the way of some Kindle announcement.

Of course, to us this would be BIG news. To others--to the nonkindleized--this would be a small blip on the radar screen. So who knows? I'm expecting to see a big, blinking "Now available on the Kindle!" announcement, but to the website updater, this might not merit such a thing.

· Registered
137 Posts
Yes, tomorrow they'll either be gone, or they'll be at the top of the K-bestsellers. I've gotten rather tired of the Twilight series being at the top, and I've read those even. LOL We need something to shake things up...and something is definitely getting shaken right now.

If this is real (and I'm not saying it isn't), I'd rather wait for the bundle anyway, but if it isn't legit: (insert scandal here).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.