Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am excited about this. This January, I will be attending CES in Las Vegas. It's the largest consumer electronics show in the world.

There will be *many* accessory-makers there, with booths to showcase their products. I signed up for it a while back, because of my Zune blog. Now, with KindleBoards taking off, I have an abundance of reasons to be there.

I managed to get a media pass for it - thanks to the gadget book that got published last year. That gets me into a media event where we 'reporters' will get direct access to the heads of various accessory companies. Hopefully no one will expose me as merely an overworked forum administrator. :)

I am going to research who will be there in terms of Kindle accessories. I expect to come back with a lot of pictures, and hopefully can build some relationships with Kindle accessory makers.

I really want to make best use of my time there. I'm open to your suggestions on what would be of most interest to you, in terms of info and pictures to bring back.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I don't want info, I want STUFF. Grab as much as you can and RUN.

·
Super Moderator
67,325 Posts
pidgeon92 said:
Hey, did you see today's Dilbert????
LOL. . .I did see that and thought of all of you, er, us. :)

Harvey, you might contact Amazon and let them know you plan to go and are a Kindle advocate, what with the very active and successful board and all.

When is it, by the way? There's a possibility we'll be in Vegas in January and if it works out that would be a neat thing to visit.

Ann

·
Registered
135 Posts
Will Cher be performing while you're there?  ;D

Thanks for representing us.  Since it will be until January until I get my Kindle, your timing could not be better.

Congrats and do us proud.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
OOooh Vegas....Want to see my souvenir from my last trip there? Only if you let me come with you...
My big hit 5X 7 5X

My Payout (coincidentally the attendant came from my homestate...lol.) He recognized my accent and asked where I was from?

My celebration afterwards with my 2 friends Marge & Rita 48 ounces I confess; I drank 2 of those!!! (I have a matching set!!) Yikes...
TOP THAT BACARDI JIM...lol.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Wow! Congrats Harvey :) Enjoy your trip and I'm sure whatever info and pics you bring back will be great.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Jim:  Where did you say you live?  Want to have liquid lunch?
Now did I say I got sick?  Maybe amorous but not sick...lol.

·
Registered
829 Posts
pidgeon92 said:
Hey, did you see today's Dilbert????

Dilbert is awesome. This one is classic!

Have fun Harvey and take good notes!! We want to know everything!!

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Yay, Vegas!! If you have an extra ticket....you know who to message, right? I am more than willing to show off my Kindle and my Zune. lol Have fun! If you are looking for any recommendations on what to do in town, just ask. I get locals specials sometimes. Like two for one show tickets. (ex: currently Phantom is 50 dollars off for locals).

Isn't CES invite only? I know its here every year.

·
Registered
165 Posts
pidgeon92 said:
I don't want info, I want STUFF. Grab as much as you can and RUN.
Yes Harvey, run right back to the forum and have a contest so we can win the stuff!

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It's in multiple locations - the Las Vegas Convention Center, Las Vegas Hilton, Sands Expo and Convention Center, and the Venetian.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Congrats!  Vegas is a great place to go for a conference.  I go every other year because my hubby go for NAB.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts