Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't get my December royalty statement, so I contacted Amazon. They have no idea why I'm not getting paid on time and said they're investigating and should get to the bottom of it by March 5. Has this ever happened to anyone?My December report says I have borrows and sales, so I don't know what happened. I'm curious to know if it happened to anyone else and how long it took to get paid?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I know of someone who is still waiting for a payment from October.  It seems remarkable to me. 

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
I had my payments stuffed up for months. It took me literally months of emails to Amazon (and having to start afresh each time because you can't reply to the same person).  In the end, I said I wanted it escalated to a supervisor and got it all resolved but it was a nightmare. And even when I got the US payments sorted, I still had issues with the other marketplaces.

Since then, every time I've changed my payments over, things have screwed up.

I'd get on to it and stay on top of it until they pay you.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'm having them look into why I wasn't paid for three months last year, so you're not alone. They've paid me for the other months, just skipped those three.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I have problems mostly with the foreign markets. Every month I get the "pending" message, usually it arrives the following month with the regular payment, but there's been one payment I haven't received at all. I've been working on getting it resolved

·
Registered
251 Posts
They didn't pay me my US money in January and didn't contact me or do anything until I send a choicely worded email (which may have also had some capitalisation as well). Being over $2K down was JUST what I needed in the same month as I had a five figure tax bill to pay. Not.

<still bitter>

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Not exactly the same thing, but they're still sending all my tax documents to a PO Box I haven't used since 2011. Thankfully, it's a small town, and they've kept forwarding them, but they chewed me out last time. When I email KDP they tell me to update my address. Well yeah, that was done three years ago.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
In October, I didn't receive a payment from one of the European countries. It was a minimal amount (less than $5).  I didn't get the email like I usually do, but the $ showed up in my dashboard. I emailed them and within a week I received payment.

I think Amazon is having some issues. The shine is starting to fade from this star. Happens when any business grows too big or too greedy- they rush to produce and there is ALWAYS a failure. The issue with the tax forms is troubling to me.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MichaelWallace said:
Not exactly the same thing, but they're still sending all my tax documents to a PO Box I haven't used since 2011. Thankfully, it's a small town, and they've kept forwarding them, but they chewed me out last time. When I email KDP they tell me to update my address. Well yeah, that was done three years ago.
I mentioned to them I never got my tax documents either. They said I'll have them in 48 hours. We'll see.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
CelinaGrace said:
They didn't pay me my US money in January and didn't contact me or do anything until I send a choicely worded email (which may have also had some capitalisation as well). Being over $2K down was JUST what I needed in the same month as I had a five figure tax bill to pay. Not.

<still bitter>
See that what would scare me about going full time with my writing. A lot of my books are in Select, so that would be my only income for those books. Being down 2k would seriously mess me up if I didn't have a day job.

·
Registered
251 Posts
katrina46 said:
See that what would scare me about going full time with my writing. A lot of my books are in Select, so that would be my only income for those books. Being down 2k would seriously mess me up if I didn't have a day job.
Luckily all my books are on the other platforms so Amazon is not my only source of income. But it was a timely reminder of the usefulness of having 'cushion' fund for such eventualities.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
CelinaGrace said:
Luckily all my books are on the other platforms so Amazon is not my only source of income. But it was a timely reminder of the usefulness of having 'cushion' fund for such eventualities.
Yes, I'm on the conservative side. I save my royalties and won't quit my job until I own a house outright AND have a years salary saved. I so admire writers who get their first 4 figure payment and quit. I wish I had the guts, but it's just not me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts