Kindle Forum banner

81 - 100 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
pawsplus said:
Oooh! This is from decalgirl. Am I nuts to think this looks cute??

Not to me - I love that combo!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have the perfect one! How do a post a picture?

·
Registered
54 Posts
OK - I have no clue how to insert an image - but there is the Frog Prince skin on Decalgirl featured on a laptop.....just type in Frog for search on their site - He would be a cute match, unless I'm really loosing it now!
Let me know what you think...or is it just too much frog?  Croak!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just got my skin from this seller and honestly I'm a little disappointed with the print quality. I will post pictures later today or tomarrow. Is anyones 3acp image kind of grainy? Are the DecalGirl skin images grainy?

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
pawsplus said:
OK -- you convinced me!! So which one goes best w/ this cover?

There doesn't seem to be a way to grab pix of the site at http://www.3acp.com/ though -- not sure how to put up a pic here of the skins they offer. <pout>

What about #23? The numbers aren't clearly marked on them until you click on the skin and add. But it's light green.

Elizabeth
I was looking though the skins and came upon this one and thought it would be good for your cover... and then I noticed it was the one you mentioned. So it must be good!

Based on the other skin you posted, I'm assuming you are looking for a K1 skin.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
I was actually also a bit disappointed with my 3acp skin - but then again I haven't had any other skin so can't compare! But yes, it's a bit grainy, and also, the design is not placed in the same spot as on the pictures on the website, and so the whole thing sits differently and not quite as nicely as I had imagined it - sigh... Also, what looked like black on the pix on the website turned out to be more of a maroon (nice, but not what I wanted/expected).

Now I am patiently waiting for Decalgirl to come up with the skin I really want (Katana Gold, under the PSP skins - not yet available for K2) to give it another try, hoping for better printing quality.

Fingers crossed!  :)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Neo said:
I was actually also a bit disappointed with my 3acp skin - but then again I haven't had any other skin so can't compare! But yes, it's a bit grainy, and also, the design is not placed in the same spot as on the pictures on the website, and so the whole thing sits differently and not quite as nicely as I had imagined it - sigh... Also, what looked like black on the pix on the website turned out to be more of a maroon (nice, but not what I wanted/expected).

Now I am patiently waiting for Decalgirl to come up with the skin I really want (Katana Gold, under the PSP skins - not yet available for K2) to give it another try, hoping for better printing quality.

Fingers crossed! :)
I'm so bummed. I was so excited to try a skin from this place; I was planning to order one yet this week. I hope I'm not dissappointed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Neo said:
the design is not placed in the same spot as on the pictures on the website, and so the whole thing sits differently and not quite as nicely as I had imagined it - sigh... Also, what looked like black on the pix on the website turned out to be more of a maroon (nice, but not what I wanted/expected).
My skin has similar problems. The placement is off and what appeared gray on the website is a greenish.

I'm looking forward to your verdict on the decal girl skin :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
You know, I found my Decal Girl skin to be too grainy for my taste. I was disappointed, although others LOVE theirs. I suspect that maybe the printer was off or something, but their customer service wasn't great, so I've totally written off DG skins. I thought maybe I was just too nitpicky, but I ended up getting a Tego skin (www.mytego.com) and love it. I just wonder if sometimes the printing is off (with any company) from time to time... although I seem to be the only one who had this issue with DG!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I like my 3acp skin just fine.  It arrived quickly and was easy to apply.  The ordering process through ebay is a complete mess, though. 

·
Registered
556 Posts
Panjo said:
but I ended up getting a Tego skin (www.mytego.com) and love it. I just wonder if sometimes the printing is off (with any company) from time to time... although I seem to be the only one who had this issue with DG!
I went there, but I don't really see how you design your own. I mean, I clicked on the link, but it seems that you have to have photos already saved somewhere -- how did you find photos you liked, with colors you liked, with graphics in the arrangement you liked? It seems way complicated. :-\

·
Registered
175 Posts
I know, the first time I went I thought I HAD to upload a photo or design of my own. Too much for me, so I left. Then I found you can click on "design" then "select an image" and you can brows through their designs. Then you can zoom, rotate, and align the design, add lettering if you want, etc.

I just noticed that they don't seem to have a K2 design! maybe I just missed it...

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
pawsplus said:
I went there, but I don't really see how you design your own. I mean, I clicked on the link, but it seems that you have to have photos already saved somewhere -- how did you find photos you liked, with colors you liked, with graphics in the arrangement you liked? It seems way complicated. :-\
You can either design your own with your own pictures from your computer, or you can design your own from their pre-loaded pictures. When you use theirs, you can customize it a bit by moving the picture from left to right, up & down, if the picture is a little bigger than necessary (or if there's a part of the pic you don't care about). I had to play around with it a bit to get it figured out. I still haven't ordered from there (yet) but my next skin might be this one from mytego (I rotated one of their pics to get the effect I wanted):

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
[I just noticed that they don't seem to have a K2 design! maybe I just missed it...]

I just went on mytego and it does look very promising indeed! I just saw some designs I would really like, but you are right, they don't have a K2 design yet - pout...

I just put in a request for them to do K2s, and got an e-mail saying that the more requests they get for a particular device, the more chances of it being available fast, so.... let's all request designs for K2s ;D!!!!!

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Meemo said:
You can either design your own with your own pictures from your computer, or you can design your own from their pre-loaded pictures. When you use theirs, you can customize it a bit by moving the picture from left to right, up & down, if the picture is a little bigger than necessary (or if there's a part of the pic you don't care about). I had to play around with it a bit to get it figured out. I still haven't ordered from there (yet) but my next skin might be this one from mytego (I rotated one of their pics to get the effect I wanted):

Eagle nebula? Pretty!

81 - 100 of 101 Posts