Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dayplanner just ran out and I'm not sure I really want to carry one anymore (trying to lighten my load and use what I have) but I do like to look at a month to see what I am doing and weekly. I've setup my phone to reminder me about appointments but cant see my schedule laid out.

Anyone come up with something for find something that works for them or am I on my own working out a design?(that could get interesting :eek:)

theresam

·
Registered
544 Posts
Hi! I don't actually have a Kindle yet (going to see my first one tonight in less than 2 hours, and then I'll be ordering shortly thereafter!), but I just saw this on the EduKindle website: http://www.edukindle.com/2008/12/a-new-kindle-utility-calendar-for-kindle/. It says it "provides a month-by-month calendar for 2009, all the major dates for the year on a separate page, and a Notepad-like page where you can make notes on YOUR important dates-birthdays and the like." And you can download it free from the EduKindle website (or pay $1.99 through Amazon).

If you end up downloading it, let me know how you like it -- I'd be interested if it's easy to use (once I get my Kindle, of course).

Megan

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I'll give it a try tonight when I'm able to download from the free site to my kindle.  I'll keep you posted.

Enjoy your Kindle viewing.  Just remember you have to give it back, I know you won't want to once you've gotten a hold of one LOL  :eek: ;D ;D 

Theresam

OK, I cheated: I emailed it to msyelf.  It's got all the months on 1 page. I like the layout. I'll make my own calendar with things to do but I'll keep this one to help with other calendar needs  ;D :D

·
Registered
544 Posts
bkworm8it said:
Enjoy your Kindle viewing. Just remember you have to give it back, I know you won't want to once you've gotten a hold of one LOL :eek: ;D ;D
Oh my goodness, I just got back from seeing my first Kindle and holding it, and it's amazing!! I'm ordering one immediately. It was a little difficult to give it back, I'm not gonna lie!

And thanks Leslie! I download these podcasts from Zune Marketplace but haven't listened to the one from the EduKindle yet. I'll listen to it tomorrow.

Megan

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
MeganW said:
Oh my goodness, I just got back from seeing my first Kindle and holding it, and it's amazing!! I'm ordering one immediately. It was a little difficult to give it back, I'm not gonna lie!

And thanks Leslie! I download these podcasts from Zune Marketplace but haven't listened to the one from the EduKindle yet. I'll listen to it tomorrow.

Megan
Congrats Megan on ordering your kIndle, how exciting! ;D Keep us posted! May I ask where you saw and held your first Kindle?

Linda

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
bkworm8it said:
Anyone come up with something for find something that works for them or am I on my own working out a design?(that could get interesting :eek:)
Our own intrepid accessories moderator Betsy tried out various calendars available on amazon a couple of months ago. You should be able to find the discussion on the Accessories board.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
Congrats Megan on ordering your kIndle, how exciting! ;D Keep us posted! May I ask where you saw and held your first Kindle?

Linda
Thank you, Linda! I met up with a very nice English teacher in Kansas City at a Starbucks. She was kind enough to show me the ins and outs (she even had a list to make sure she didn't forget anything -- it was awesome!), and then I played with it for a little bit and read a few pages of Emma. Lovely!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi Megan, I'm Megan, as well. :) What part of KC? I'm there quite a bit to visit my in-laws. Great city! I saw a calendar on Amazon that had a function where you added notes to dates. It looked as it had a lot of kinks to work out to take the place of a dayplanner but it is a start.

·
Registered
544 Posts
megan said:
Hi Megan, I'm Megan, as well. :) What part of KC? I'm there quite a bit to visit my in-laws. Great city! I saw a calendar on Amazon that had a function where you added notes to dates. It looked as it had a lot of kinks to work out to take the place of a dayplanner but it is a start.
Hi Megan! :) I'm in Olathe, KS. It's great! That calendar sounds interesting. I'm always looking for a dayplanner/BlackBerry calendar replacement.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My family is in Parkville, MO. Not too terribly far. If you like paper calendars, Barnes and Noble has a nice one @ 50% off. Leather cover, literary quotes/trivia in the pages.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
In my opinion, Kindle does not really work for calendar stuff, unless you constantly update a file from your pc, and convert it to Kindle format, then copy it to Kindle.  Since your notes do not show in-line with the rest of the file, it makes it too hard to use, in my opinion.

I just have a file with images of monthly calendars (December, January, etc.) for reference, and I have tried keeping a list of appointments, but reverted to using a Circa notebook, from Levenger, with planner pages, and dropped keeping my Palm Pilot in my purse.  Since I keep my Kindle in there, I was trying to cut back on weight.  The Circa is pretty light, and you can just keep the pages you need.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SusanCassidy said:
I just have a file with images of monthly calendars (December, January, etc.) for reference, and I have tried keeping a list of appointments, but reverted to using a Circa notebook, from Levenger, with planner pages, and dropped keeping my Palm Pilot in my purse. Since I keep my Kindle in there, I was trying to cut back on weight. The Circa is pretty light, and you can just keep the pages you need.
Hmmmm I haven't heard of a Circa notebook. I've been using Franklin Covey for years but am tired of carrying so many things around but it's so much easier with paper. I'll check out the Circa and may just decide to go back and just refill my franklin. I just wish it could be smaller but seems I write lots of notes on pages. I tried a palm pilot just didn't take. Took too long to write everything out. I guess I could send a daily schedule /calendar to my kindle but then again I usually write up my to do list on the go (or board during a meeting ;))

Megan, congrats on purchasing the kindle! I ended up showing two people mine during a knitting class as they had overheard before class that I had one. I'm the teacher so I got away with showing it off. ;D

theresam

Theresam

·
Registered
544 Posts
bkworm8it said:
Megan, congrats on purchasing the kindle! I ended up showing two people mine during a knitting class as they had overheard before class that I had one. I'm the teacher so I got away with showing it off. ;D

theresam

Theresam
Thanks! I purchased it this morning and now I begin the long wait...

I used to use Franklin Covey, too. Then I went to the Palm and now I have my work BlackBerry, which is good, but I have to mark my own events private or else everyone at work can see them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts