·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still agonizing between it and an M-edge. TIA

·
Registered
41 Posts
The first reports of shipping notices were posted yesterday (April 16).  Reviews should begin appearing by next week, so you only have a few more days to wait. 

·
Registered
18 Posts
I went to their website and was confused as to which colors and leathers were available. Is it only the black that is available? They say to contact them for availability but I have already spent too much on covers (Oberon, M-edge, and Bobarra!) on covers and can't bring myself to make the call, although that fuchsia suede one is certainly attractive looking...  hmmm....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Candace said:
I went to their website and was confused as to which colors and leathers were available. Is it only the black that is available?
The usual situation is that black is always in stock while other colors are made to order. There was a report that since the Kindle 2 cover is new all colors would be in stock initially, but when I ordered red I was told that red is an "on demand" item, meaning that it would be made to order. Whatever that situation is, the fact remains that all colors are available -- you just have to wait a little longer for anything that isn't black. (That is, the smooth black leather -- not the pebbled.) The wait wasn't all that long. Mine shipped 15 days after I ordered it, which was within the 12-18 day time frame I was told to expect.

·
Registered
308 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
When I ordered by daughter's purple Noreve cover they didn't say anything about delays in shipping whatsoever?

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Lisanr said:
FYI- they have a few K2 covers in various colors in stock on the amazon site

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_e_0_13?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=noreve+kindle+case&x=0&y=0&sprefix=noreve+kindle

I just broke down and ordered the blue one. And should have it by the middle of the week. $59 includes shipping or you can pay more for expedited shipping. So a better price than the noreve site.
Very much looking forward to a review of this case. In particular looking to know how well the rail system works and what the approximate weight of the thing is. Right now I'm kinda stuck -- don't want to stick Velcro to my K2 and don't like elastic straps. Doesn't leave a lot of cover options available.

TIA

·
Registered
41 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I wanted to like these cases.  Sure wish they hadn't put those stupid speaker cut-out holes on the back.  That really was the deal breaker for me. 

·
Registered
117 Posts
kari said:
I wanted to like these cases. Sure wish they hadn't put those stupid speaker cut-out holes on the back. That really was the deal breaker for me.
And the speaker cut out was the thing that sold me on purchasing it! Interesting.

·
Registered
7 Posts
kari said:
I wanted to like these cases. Sure wish they hadn't put those stupid speaker cut-out holes on the back. That really was the deal breaker for me.
One thing is certain: For every person who thinks the cut-outs are "stupid" there will be one who is glad the speakers are not covered. (You can't please all of the people all of the time.)

Until the day comes when someone designs a cover that every Kindle owner on Earth will adore, some of us will have to make compromises. I chose a Noreve cover because I can't live with Velcro and elastic, but I can live with tiny cut-outs.

(While I was typing this Saylorgirl demonstrated my point, but I'm going to post this anyway just to get my two cents' worth in!)

·
Registered
308 Posts
I am like some of the others. I don't really like straps, velcro, etc. My main concern is I hope its light. It looks light. I just bought a m-edge Go jacket but the thing is heavy. Heavier than the amazon case by I would say 2 ounces. Its hurting my arms to hold it so its going back. The noreve case hopefully I will be happy with or I am just going to use the amazon case. They only thing really wrong with that case is I would prefer more color options.

The noreve looks good from pics. Nice design. I think things like speaker cut outs are kind of neat. I just would prefer they didn't put a travel wallet in it. But I will live with that if I like every thing else.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Mine came today, and it is just about perfect!  It is no bigger than the Amazon cover, Yet it is blue suede, and can snap closed.  I like the pockets on the inside too.  I thought I would be upset about it not using the hinge system, but it is so clean looking, it doesn't bother me.  It truly is streamlined.  I ordered the slim m-edge in pink, and it was still oversized, just a little but it looked sloppy. It took four covers, before I was completely happy - the m-edge prodigy (way too big, hated it - loved the color, it was green); the amazon (great fit, lacking colors and quality); the slim m-edge (just misses, a little too big, and sloppy fit); and the Noreve - Perfect!

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
How does the cover hold the Kindle 2?  They describe a 'rail system' but don't show any pictures of it.  I'm interested in seeing how it's held if not with the hinge system, straps, or velcro.  Anyone have pictures showing this?

·
Registered
921 Posts
DD said:
How does the cover hold the Kindle 2? They describe a 'rail system' but don't show any pictures of it. I'm interested in seeing how it's held if not with the hinge system, straps, or velcro. Anyone have pictures showing this?
DD-

There are some pictures on their website that show the "rail" system. It looks like it is some kind of clip that holds it in place.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Can you post the link to the pics showing the rail? I looked at their website and didn't see any.

Betsy
Here are the 3 pictures of the Kindle 2 cover from the Noreve website:

1 - 20 of 141 Posts