Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I know Angela was at her husband's apt. in Houston and the Internet isn't as good there.

L

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Leslie said:
I know Angela was at her husband's apt. in Houston and the Internet isn't as good there.

L
This brings up an interesting point, and I don't want to hijack a thread, but I am considering a marriage where we would not live in the same town for a few years. It sounds like that might be Angela's situation. Anyone else? Pros? Cons?

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Leslie said:

L
I also think Angela had a lot of doctor appointments where she was going to get caught up on her kindling. Hope so anyway.

;D

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
gertiekindle said:
Looking at the member list, Dori was last here on 2/2 and Angela hasn't been on since 1/27.
I was wondering about Dori myself - glad to know someone is keeping track of her 8)

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
drenee said:
This brings up an interesting point, and I don't want to hijack a thread, but I am considering a marriage where we would not live in the same town for a few years. It sounds like that might be Angela's situation. Anyone else? Pros? Cons?
I believe Angela and her husband have been married for many years, so their relationship is long established. I wouldn't try to start a marriage that way, but I don't know all your circumstances. Anyway, I know it wouldn't work for me.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
thank you.  I hate to break up a long term relationship, but I'm moving at least 100 miles away.  It's not a huge distance, but not a small distance either.  Especially in the winter.  He's hinting that he would love to finally get married.  again, thank you for a bit of advice.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Two women I work with are in long-distance marriages.  Both women live 350 miles (1-way - travel time about 5 hours) from their husbands.  Both ladies are both in their 50s and their marriages are well-established. 

They have a firm rule about weekends.  One weekend they travel the next weekend their husbands travel.  Once in awhile the weather gets in the way.  And of course, they both talk about their phone bills.
One of them has been doing this for 7 years, the other for 1 year.  They both appear to have happy, healthy relationships.  Of course there are no minor children.

The key appears to be the level of commitment and maturity in their marriages.  Both women will probably be back full-time with their husbands in the next year or so.  I am happy for them.  However, I do wonder if it would be difficult to adjust to living together full-time.  These women and their husbands will make a success of it.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If I remember right Angela once said she needed to be near her parents.

Dori last posted on 1/17

Its just not like them not to be so quite.

Tessa

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
tessa said:
If I remember right Angela once said she needed to be near her parents.

Dori last posted on 1/17

Its just not like them not to be so quite.

Tessa
Angela posted somewhere this morning - don't remember where - so hopefully she is back on-line! :'(

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
And Dori posted a great list in the 25 Random Things thread.

Welcome back Dori and Angela! We missed you.

Now to round up Teninx and Quickfics....

L

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
I have been back off and on the last few days getting my strength back from the flu and just got to this thread! Thanks for the kind words and the concern.

drenee - I took an early retirement to move back to our hometown to be near my parents who are in poor health. Larry is not able to leave his job at this time and he felt that my being here for my parents was the best thing for them. We sold our home in NE Houston and he moved into an apartment and we built our retirment home in NE Texas about 6.5 miles from my parents. Larry comes home (here) every weekend. I still go to the dentist and doctors in Houston as well as to visit my DD and those grandkids! It hasn't been that bad, but there are times when I wish he was here full-time. His job has always required him to travel, so I feel like I actually see him more now than when I was in Houston. We are very selfish with our weekends and try not to plan things that would take away from our time together. It is not the ideal situation, but it is working for us for now. I don't know that I would recommend it for a newly-wed couple, but you would be a better judge of how it might work for you. It definitely needs to be something you both agree on and are comfortable with.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts