Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend just wrote to me and asked me about them.  I've not heard of them before.  She is going the traditional route and is starting to get tired of the years of nothing.  She is a really good writer too.

I've told her about epublishing, but she isn't sure. But now, a friend of hers just told her about this place...said they were wonderful, and she sent then a query.  They now want to see a full manuscript.  I'm nervous for her.  Does anyone know who they are?

I hope someone can help.  Thanks so much...Jeanne

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I keep telling her.  It is a very strange and scary world to her I think, so she wants a way to make it easy.

That's why I was hoping to find out something about them to tell her.  They don't post royalty rates on their site but I bet they aren't great.

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks PJ.  They are listed under publishers there but have no warnings.  I've not heard anything bad about them yet, so hopefully they are ok. 

I did find out that they charge a bit more for their ebooks than kindle and their royalty is 35% but after a certain amount of sales (may be 1000?) it goes up to 40%.

My friend is going to look around at others.  She doesn't seem too interested in Kindle and it may be because of the low prices we charge for our work.  .99 and even 2.99 sounds scary to people who aren't familiar with the ebook world and pricing strategy, I guess.

Thank you for the link.  :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts