Kindle Forum banner
1501 - 1520 of 2321 Posts

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Congrats to all on their latest BB blowouts  ;)

And good luck Quiss!

JR: for yesterday's sales totals you can click on "Unit sales covering period 11/01/2013 to 11/30/2013" on your dashboard in the current sales tab. It'll show the sales through midnight.

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #26 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)

#1 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Science Fiction
    #1 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Military > Space Marine

weee, and #2 in Sci-fi.

And, in an embarrassment of riches, now the title I was hoping to make permafree this week is selling really rather well today.

After a dismal November, I really needed this shot in the arm, even if the freebies don't translate as well as they once did.

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
ToniD said:
Congrats to all on their latest BB blowouts ;)

And good luck Quiss!

JR: for yesterday's sales totals you can click on "Unit sales covering period 11/01/2013 to 11/30/2013" on your dashboard in the current sales tab. It'll show the sales through midnight.
Thanks, Toni. :)

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #10 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)

#1 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Galactic Empire
    #1 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Military > Space Marine

Also sold more of the other titles today than I did all of last week, which pays for the BookBub ad.

Also seeing an increase of visits to my web site and a few mail list sign ups.
I'm happy with this.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Quiss said:
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #10 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)

#1 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Galactic Empire

Also sold more of the other titles today than I did all of last week, which pays for the BookBub ad.

Also seeing an increase of visits to my web site and a few mail list sign ups.
I'm happy with this.
Fantastic news! Congrats!

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Nathaniel Burns said:
Pride and Honour - The Battle for Saxony was free 11/22 - 11/25 and got 45,671 downloads :eek:
HOLY CARAMBA! That's got to be a record. :eek:

I'm at about 10k now and made it up to #6. I may end the run by the end of today.

And, ahem, congratulate me: I just received my very first one-star review by someone who objects to having the book start with action (all of my books do).
That's always the danger of doing freebie runs, I guess, and the main reason I'm worried about trying a permafree title.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
XXXXXXXXXX

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Interesting results. Does the thread feel BB does better for FREE books than those on sale for say, 99 cents? I've considered BB, but I think the cost is just too high. Like others, I haven't had great luck with paid ads and I am reluctant to shell out that kind of cash.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Here's the Bookbub lineup I just got in the mail today:

Michael Crichton
Paricia Wrede (NYT Bestseller)
Anthony Summers (NYT Bestseller)
Michael Wallace (KB Stud/WSJ Bestseller)
Carl Hiassen (NYT Bestseller)

I think the traditional publishers are fully on the Bookbub train now. Pretty impressive. I think it's going to get more and more competitive to get listed.

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
The Freedom's Sword BB ad had the least results of any I've done so far with only 790 sales on Sat. and 170 on Sun. There were 135 on B&N. While that doesn't quite pay for the ad, I did have a jump in the sales of A Kingdom's Cost which I attribute to the sale/increased visibility. I probably didn't lose money and saw a vital increase in visibility going into the pre-Christmas season.

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
belindaf said:
Interesting results. Does the thread feel BB does better for FREE books than those on sale for say, 99 cents? I've considered BB, but I think the cost is just too high. Like others, I haven't had great luck with paid ads and I am reluctant to shell out that kind of cash.
No. I certainly don't. I would say that Bookbub is one of the few places where it is worthwhile to shell out cash. It isn't cheap, but for the results it is well worthwhile.

Let me put it this way, Belinda. The sales for Freedom's Sword had been seriously lagging and I was doing well to have 1-2 sales a day on it for the past couple of months.

Two days after the sale (but I haven't raised the price yet) it is #19 in the main Historical Fiction category and his these rankings:

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #565 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
#1 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Biographical
#1 in Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Biographical
#1 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Historical Fiction > Scottish

It is the novel that leads into my Black Douglas Trilogy (more or less a prequel) and my sales of the trilogy have gone up markedly. Next month I am going to try, if Bookbub cooperates, combining one with a Countdown promotion since that gives 70% royalties even on the lower royalties which considering the cost of BB would be -- nice. :)

·
Administrator
10,147 Posts
BBGriffith said:
Here's the Bookbub lineup I just got in the mail today:

Michael Crichton
Paricia Wrede (NYT Bestseller)
Anthony Summers (NYT Bestseller)
Michael Wallace (KB Stud/WSJ Bestseller)
Carl Hiassen (NYT Bestseller)

I think the traditional publishers are fully on the Bookbub train now. Pretty impressive. I think it's going to get more and more competitive to get listed.
Whoa.

More competitive for sure.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Grace Elliot said:
Do you need luck or persistence to be accepted by Bookbub?
I've applied twice and been rejected twice.
I'm wondering how they decide which books to choose.
I was accepted twice, Jan '13 and December '12. Since then, I've gotten rejected twice ... for one of the same books, more than seven months apart. So I don't know. Qualifications have changed I guess.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Quiss said:
And, ahem, congratulate me: I just received my very first one-star review by someone who objects to having the book start with action (all of my books do).
That's always the danger of doing freebie runs, I guess, and the main reason I'm worried about trying a permafree title.
I hear you there! Just got a 2-star review for 'too many difficult names and places to remember' Uff-da.

1501 - 1520 of 2321 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.