Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When looking at the same book on both the K1 and the K2, the size 6 font is definitely larger on the K2 than the size 6 font on the K1.  Although, the font on the K1 is darker and sharper, as many of us have noticed.

I'm wondering if Amazon knew the fonts were lighter on the K2 and thought the additional size would compensate.  For me, at least, it doesn't.

Thoughts?  Comments?

·
Registered
685 Posts
Yes the size 6 font is definitely larger on the K2 than the K1.

I own both and have bad enough eyesight that I need to use the largest font to read comfortably on either kindle.

I wonder whether using the hack to install a different font style may allow you to install a larger font as well. I may have to try this, unless someone else already knows.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I can't say I've noticed a difference between the two Kindles.... However, I have noticed a lot of differences from book to book. Some have lighter text, some have darker. Some have larger fonts, some are smaller (at the same Kindle font size). You have to wonder if Amazon gave anyone any formatting guidelines.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
194 Posts
what i've found in testing both my K1 and K2 at the size 6 is the letters themselves are identical in size, however the default spacing between the letters is slightly wider on the K2 so the words take up slightly more length.  the letters themselves are a bit smoother/refined on the K2 which may help make pictures look more refined  but may make letters less crisp looking.  the letters on the K1 have a course roughness to them which may look more crisp.  My K2 screen has a slight yellowish tint while the K1 has a slight bluish tint which looks slightly more contrasty.  giving the K2 screen the same bluer shifted color balance as the K1 would alone improve the K2 screen contrast.  as for me i don't have problems reading either kindle so they both work fine for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts