Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here it is...feel free to merge if they are posted elsewhere...i did a minimal search but didn't turn up anything :D

·
Registered
455 Posts
That is beautiful!! I am trying to wait for them to put up the DX covers as I already have one Oberon cover for my K1 and 2 for my K2. Not sure if I am going to make it though!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I totally understand waiting...if they do another image in sky blue when the others come out in July, then I'm in BIG trouble!   :D

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Thanks so much for posting. I love the color. I ordered the Hokusai Wave in the Sky Blue. I'm so excited. :)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Ohhhh I love it, mine should be here in the next couple of days!!!!  Can't wait!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Which skin is that btw?  It looks great with your new cover.

·
Registered
921 Posts
If that screen color is the true color of that blue, it looks lighter than it does on the website.  That would make a lot of the designs look great in that color.

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
kevin63 said:
If that screen color is the true color of that blue, it looks lighter than it does on the website. That would make a lot of the designs look great in that color.
They are not my photos, but it looks to me as if the flash affected the sky blue and made it lighter.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Shawna said:
Which skin is that btw? It looks great with your new cover.
Thanks! It is a custom one from www.mytego.com. You can see more pictures of it in the show your skins off thread. Glad you like it!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
kevin63 said:
If that screen color is the true color of that blue, it looks lighter than it does on the website. That would make a lot of the designs look great in that color.
My flash was going off in the pics. I think anything that looks good in fern would probably look good in this color. I have the ave. of trees in fern next to the K2 cover in sky blue and they seem similar in depth.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
I just got my Butterfly in the mail. I'd have to say it's not quite as light in person, but not quite as dark as on the website. I think a good description of it would be almost a denim blue. The color is gorgeous. So much so that I'll probably break my own rule of not having more than 1 cover in the same color and order the Hummingbird when it's released.

For some reason I was expecting more of a turquoise blue, but it's not at all. I'm not disappointed, this is a very lovely color. I am glad I didn't order a skin for it yet. the one I was going to order wouldn't have been right. Off to go look again.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
I just got my Butterfly in the mail. I'd have to say it's not quite as light in person, but not quite as dark as on the website. I think a good description of it would be almost a denim blue. The color is gorgeous. So much so that I'll probably break my own rule of not having more than 1 cover in the same color and order the Hummingbird when it's released.

For some reason I was expecting more of a turquoise blue, but it's not at all. I'm not disappointed, this is a very lovely color. I am glad I didn't order a skin for it yet. the one I was going to order wouldn't have been right. Off to go look again.
Yay for you and your description sounds gorgeous! I'm expecting my Pond tomorrow and I hope my Flower Cloud skin will go nicely with it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The blue is definitely darker than it appears in these pictures- it's a gorgeous blue.  I posted some pictures last week in the Oberon thread, and in a separate thread.  

I have a question though- since these lovely covers are unlikely to wear out, how can I justify buying another?  The patterns and colors are so lovely.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
You have more than one pair of shoes right? More than one purse? Same thing..You need another one. ;D
Haha you are very good at what you do!

·
Registered
19 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
You have more than one pair of shoes right? More than one purse? Same thing..You need another one. ;D
Ah, excellent rationale (especially the purse one- I have a bag fetish)! Let's see, I have blue, so what should be next? Red? Green? Purple? So many choices!

Kristi

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
koolmnbv said:
Haha you are very good at what you do!
LOL! I know. I just need everyone else join me. I sold off all of my extra covers and was down to one, my purple ROH. Then Oberon released that Sky Blue and I ordered it. Now I find out they'll be doing the Hummingbird in Sky Blue for the Kindle. So 3 to 1 and now I'll be going back to 3 <sigh>

I'm just waiting to see a picture of it and see what the mystery cover will be before deciding...but I'm pretty sure I'll be getting it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts