Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just love Debbie Macomber's books.  I am reading book 2 of her Blossom Street  series.  I have read some of her other books in the past.  Has anyone read all of her books?  If so, which series did you like the best?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I really enjoyed the Blossom street series. I haven't read any of her Cove books. Just so many on my list that I haven't got around to them. So I guess for now, Blossom Street is my favorite.  I miss all those characters!

Theresam

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bkworm8it said:
I really enjoyed the Blossom street series. I haven't read any of her Cove books. Just so many on my list that I haven't got around to them. So I guess for now, Blossom Street is my favorite. I miss all those characters!

Theresam
yes, you kinda become "friends" with the women through reading the series!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
there is a new Blossom Street book out ... I think it is even on Kindle already -- those books are why I started knitting :D

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
rho said:
there is a new Blossom Street book out ... I think it is even on Kindle already -- those books are why I started knitting :D
Cool, hadn't heard another one was coming out. Thanks for the update. They certainly make my fingers start itching to knit. Good think I have a kindle. Know I can knit and read :eek:!!

theresam

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just love Debbie Macomber's books. I am reading book 2 of her Blossom Street series. I have read some of her other books in the past. Has anyone read all of her books? If so, which series did you like the best?
I was a Psychology major in college, up to the graduate level. Authors like James Patterson turn me off because their characters are very shallow and one-dimensional. Yet Macomber goes deeper, for example in the book I am reading, "Lighthouse Road." From the psychoanalytical tradition, both Sigmund Freud and Carl G. Jung had it that children tend, even as adults, to live the unfinished lives of their parents. Thus it makes makes sense that Cecilia, for example, is both confrontational and conflictive because her father is the opposite and she hates that. Being confrontational representing her father's unlived social behavior, as the man avoids being the least confrontational at any cost. But to Cecilia that seems to prove troublesome for marriage, but I still have to check where her divorce goes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts