Kindle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm debating on these two books and wanted opinions from those that have read them if they enjoyed them compaired to other vampire/other world books.

Minion is not kindled yet.

thanks!

Theresam

·
Registered
657 Posts
I read the dtb of both and I liked Bitten, didn't like Minion.
Bitten is a paranormal romance novel so beware there are alot of hot steamy sex in it. Both are book 1 of a series.

Minion is a vampire/demon hunter book series. Bitten is a werewolf book. Not all in the bitten series are about werewolves though.

IMO Minion got a little 'preachy' for my tastes (no offense to the religious folks on the boards). I couldn't even finish the second book in the l.a. banks series.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
I'm not to crazy about the LA Banks stuff, either.  I liked the first one, caught a sale on DTBs and bought the next 3 all at once.  That was a big mistake, I couldn't force myself to read them. 

I haven't read Bitten, but have looked at it several times.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Loved Bitten, heck I love the entire women of the underworld series! I just downloaded the entire series except for Stolen since Armstrong has some copy-write issues with that particular book, she wants to get it into ebook form though. Elena is my favorite character in the series.

I don't like L.A. Banks at all, something about her writing style I just can't stand.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Edit: Darn quote button

·
Registered
67 Posts
I also don't care much for L.A. Banks.  I find myself wanting to quit the books midway and I'm a die hard book finisher.  LOL
Bitten was pretty good.  Steamy. ;)

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow looks like minion got a resounding no  ::) ;D Thanks all,  I hate wasting time with a book that isn't good especially when there are SO many good ones out there!

I'm glad we have this board so I can tell from what people have written before how their taste's line up with mine and I can go by your opinions!

No offence on the not liking preachyness! ;D I don't like my books preachy myself. There's a difference between having ones christian views coming through and another when it's actually preachy.

I'll hang onto Bitten then and give it a read.

Thanks all for your replies!!

Theresam

1 - 7 of 7 Posts