Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
As much as I want to read it,  I'm not paying $15.40  I think Mrs Astor's  son has enough money.  I'll wait till it comes down in price, or go to the library

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
libro said:
Has anyone read Mrs. Astor Regrets and can you recommend it?
I gave it to my mother (the print book) for Christmas and she loved it. She read it in a day.

L

·
Registered
137 Posts
I read it - and enjoyed it but it ends abruptly without resolution, since the "case" is still pending. 

I paid the far too high Kindle price but I did have an Amazon GC...

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Lizzy said:
I notice that its not getting very good reviews at Amazon. Think i'll pass on this one.
There is a bit of controversy about this.

If you look at the print version reviews, it is getting mostly 4 star reviews. However, for the Kindle version, lots of people are giving it 1 star reviews as a way to protest the price. Whether or not this is a good use of the review system is in the mind of the reader. I'd suggest reading the print reviews and then deciding if you want to pay $15.40 for the Kindle version of the book.

L

·
Registered
326 Posts
Leslie said:
There is a bit of controversy about this.

If you look at the print version reviews, it is getting mostly 4 star reviews. However, for the Kindle version, lots of people are giving it 1 star reviews as a way to protest the price. Whether or not this is a good use of the review system is in the mind of the reader. I'd suggest reading the print reviews and then deciding if you want to pay $15.40 for the Kindle version of the book.

L
I forgot that people were doing this. I wish they wouldnt. The review should be of the book not the price. Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts