Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone received the new Amazon K2 black leather cover with your K2?  If so, I'd love to hear how the hinges work and if it's secure in the cover, etc.  Thanks!

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have it, it seems very secure.  The hinges seem more like latches to me.

the only grip I have is there's no elastic to hold the cover in place when it's closed.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nelamvr6 said:
I have it, it seems very secure. The hinges seem more like latches to me.

the only grip I have is there's no elastic to hold the cover in place when it's closed.
Thanks for the quick reply! I wonder if the cover is otherwise okay, if there is a nice-looking velcro or similar closure we could attach. I'm no crafty person, so it would have to be very simple....like buy and attach ::) .....and that doesn't sound too pretty :)

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I would suggest getting a nice elastic band perhaps, like the old one came with the K1 Cover and just using that. You can just measure it to fit then sew the ends together so it can be slipped over it. OR You may be able to find a large elastic band (like a head band) that would work in the hair accessory section of Target or similar type store...

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Octochick said:
I would suggest getting a nice elastic band perhaps, like the old one came with the K1 Cover and just using that. You can just measure it to fit then sew the ends together so it can be slipped over it. OR You may be able to find a large elastic band (like a head band) that would work in the hair accessory section of Target or similar type store...
Now that is quite nice and easy...even for non-crafty Libro! Thanks, Octochick.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think there is a book bungee available ...try googling it.  That's what I am going to do.  I am very excited about the Amazon book cover.  I love the way the Kindle looks in it and that it is still very thin.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Libro, I got the new cover and I have to admit, there's not much I don't like about it. The fact it doesn't have a closure doesn't bug me a bit. The only thing is that it could have a bit more of a ledge to hold onto, but to be honest, the Kindle is this enough that even that's not much of an issue

It's VERY secure and and very sleek. It folds back completely flat. This will be the cover I use at work and it's perfect to use until the Oberon gets here.

I'm very glad that I changed my mind and ordered it...I canceled it 3 times!!!

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Octochick said:
Like these headbands. Come in sets and they are cheap.

used these in high school sports. they are cheap at walmart. They are like oversized hairties.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Vegas_Asian said:
Like these headbands. Come in sets and they are cheap.

used these in high school sports. they are cheap at walmart. They are like oversized hairties.
Great idea! With 4 daughters I have those laying all over the house!! I'm going to go find one now!

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Well if Amazon was smart, they would come out with these in a few other color options. What I really do not like about it it
the logo on the front.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Do any of you with the new Amazon cover also have a M-edge (ya know, a K1 m-edge)?  I was wondering how you think they compare?  Quality?  Size?  Usability?  Anything else?

I had a K1 m-edge and I was going to wait for the K2 m-edge to come out.  But it sounds like the Amazon cover is well liked, I'm wondering if I should just get the Amazon cover instead.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Octochick said:
Well if Amazon was smart, they would come out with these in a few other color options. What I really do not like about it it
the logo on the front.
For me it's the color, the logo, and the lack of closure. But a few people here like them so I went to Amazon to reconsider. I just can't do it. It's not worth $30 to me when I have nicer covers on order. I'll just have to be patient and wait. Btw, it's not getting good reviews at Amazon so maybe those of you who like it could go give it a good word.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Let me put it this way...I won't be getting a M-Edge. If M-Edge hadn't of changed their cover, I may have considered it, but since this is secure, sleek, and folds flat, I have no need for the M-Edge. I like the hinge system. I like the fact that the cover just covers Bella.

This is saying a lot considering how many M-Edge covers I bought for my KK (3 original, 1 new, 1 image, and 1 leisure) I also briefly considered canceling my Oberon order..Yeah, I stopped that thought real quick.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Here are my pictures:

The box:

The instructions:

The Kindle hanging from its hinges (it is very secure):

Another view of the cover and its hinges:

Hope this helps. Ask questions!

L

·
Registered
192 Posts
I like the new cover a lot (I may need to get one of those bands though to hold it closed in my bag).  My husband want me to get an Oberon, I don't know if I will.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts