Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
"Main drawback"?!?  Those two commenters had it right.

No experience with it, but it looks like a good idea.  Now if someone could do that with a lightweight battery and pretty Oberon leather... 

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
That looks incredibly bulky--unless you use a book light EVERY TIME you read, it seems like you'd be better off with either a separate cover & light combo or the M-Edge E-Luminator + one of their cases (assuming they ever do finally release the new version). 

The Periscope light itself looks interesting, but the case negates one of the biggest advantage of the Kindle in my opinion--the sleek form factor and light weight.

Still, I'll be interested to see reviews & experiences once someone here gets their hands on one.

And agreed with the commenters.  I do NOT understand why people keep fussing about backlighting.  Either turn on a lamp or use a book light--your experience will be way more comfortable and your eyes will thank you.  If you want a backlit screen, read on a laptop!

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Went to the site, 13.6 ounces if I'm remembering correctly.

That's probably not a lot higher than an Oberon + Mighty Bright, but I can always take the light off on mine.  Or plug it in. 

There's definitely something to be said for having a cover with a light, but I think M-Edge has done a better job with the idea.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts