Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has used it yet?

I've sort of tried it, but cant work out how it works yet. I'm just trying to get my head around it.

The link to it I found when I opened promotions from the sales page.

·
Banned
34 Posts
all that i've got out of them is that "we are still in the testing phase regarding A+ content and has not been actioned on all publishers accounts" and "we don't have any information on when this feature will be available for all publishers" so good for you that you have it enabled already... i say hire someone to really make your page stand out and then run some promos to get some traffic... use the advantage that the amazon gods have given you to really get ahead of the likes of me and everyone left behind in the pack while you can!

·
Registered
5,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
all that i've got out of them is that "we are still in the testing phase regarding A+ content and has not been actioned on all publishers accounts" and "we don't have any information on when this feature will be available for all publishers" so good for you that you have it enabled already... i say hire someone to really make your page stand out and then run some promos to get some traffic... use the advantage that the amazon gods have given you to really get ahead of the likes of me and everyone left behind in the pack while you can!
Sorry to hear it's not live for you yet. I'm going to search through books, probably trad published who are likely to already us it. I'll give it a try tomorrow in draft with some images I'll create and some text.

Reactions: Gizmondo

·
Banned
34 Posts
Sorry to hear it's not live for you yet. I'm going to search through books, probably trad published who are likely to already us it. I'll give it a try tomorrow in draft with some images I'll create and some text.
I would imagine that the traditionally published authors that had A+ content on their pages before because they don't publish through KDP. it is a little complicated but to cut a long story short, i used to have a store on amazon too before i shifted my focus to writing alone and i did have access to A+ content via seller central, but only for the things i sold on that store... but this option was not there when i logged into my publishing account via KDP, but i am excited if and when it becomes available!

now i appreciate you feeling for me but don't feel bad for me, instead like i said, use this time to make yourself and your books stand out and then promote yourself before everyone else is doing this or if amazon decides not to implement it anyway. you have a genuine chance of standing out in an increasingly crowded space... i say run with it!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has used it yet?

I've sort of tried it, but cant work out how it works yet. I'm just trying to get my head around it.

I'm having my designer work on something now that matches my books branding. I want it to kind of match what they did on Andy Weir's latest book "Project Hail Mary":

I'm also going to try an interview like they did with Te-Ping Chen's book "Land of Big Numbers: Stories"

What I did was went to the current bestsellers and just studied how other publishers were using it.

·
Registered
5,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@DmGuay @scottdouglass. Let us all know how you go on.

·
Registered
208 Posts
What do you mean by 'sales page'? Are you referring to the KDP Reports page? I do see a 'promotions' tab there, but it doesn't look like the type of place where they'd put anything like that...?

·
Registered
5,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
What do you mean by 'sales page'? Are you referring to the KDP Reports page? I do see a 'promotions' tab there, but it doesn't look like the type of place where they'd put anything like that...?
Sorry, yes, I should have said from the dashboard, then opening "promotions and advertising" on a book. When it's set up with various images and text it goes on the sales page under "from the publisher. There are different templates. The image below is on my promotions and advertising page for the set up links.

This is a example if you click the link. Example sales page

Reactions: ASG

·
Registered
171 Posts
If you go into your KDP account, you’ll see a few options on top (bookshelf, reports and marketing) if it’s available to you then it’s in the marketing section. Unfortunately, it sounds like it’s not available to everyone. It’s in KDPs support page, so it’s probably rolling out to everyone soon.

·
Registered
208 Posts
AHA! Yes. Under Marketing. Found it.

Aaaannnd... it looks like I have it ;) Cool. Time to think what to do with this. Nice.

Thanks guys!

·
Banned
34 Posts
Yeah... i see them too now... i guess they're done running the whole beta test thing and have just rolled it out for everyone now!

·
Registered
171 Posts
@DmGuay @scottdouglass. Let us all know how you go on.
While waiting on my designer, I did a few quick designs (along with an interview) with Canva just to try it out. It took about 12 or 20 hours to get approved and it’s live now. You can see it by looking up this ASIN: B08XTBZQWX

·
Registered
425 Posts
Turns out I have it as well now - quite excited. It's going to need some time and effort, but it's a nice feature.

·
Registered
5,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
While waiting on my designer, I did a few quick designs (along with an interview) with Canva just to try it out. It took about 12 or 20 hours to get approved and it’s live now. You can see it by looking up this ASIN: B08XTBZQWX
How did you get the spacing to stick with the heading and paras? When I save as a draft, para spacing disappears.

Edit: Sorry guys and gals. When you go to review after you have saved as a draft, it shows all the line spacing you have entered that it lost when you save as a draft. So its all good.

Can't wait to see if it passes inspection.

·
Registered
171 Posts
How did you get the spacing to stick with the heading and paras? When I save as a draft, para spacing disappears.

Edit: Sorry guys and gals. When you go to review after you have saved as a draft, it shows all the line spacing you have entered that it lost when you save as a draft. So its all good.

Can't wait to see if it passes inspection.
I just pasted it from word. Maybe try shift+return? It was a bit of a pain trying to get it to match the line count guidelines

1 - 20 of 23 Posts